Re: Mailbox Help:(!! Sims City Living

by CGrant56

Original Post

Mailbox Help:(!! Sims City Living

★★★ Newbie

Hi All!

So I need help ... Somehow... 

My Sim set their apartment mailbox as head.

When I debugged the item it stayed in the apartment lobby.

I tried to set it as head again to go back to my lot to delete it but it just sets a new mailbox as it's head...

Basically I can't get out of my apartment lot because the mailbox is stuck in front of the elevator.

How can I delete this mailbox? It is the bane of my existence.

Is there a way I can delete something thats not on my grid?

I don't own any mods or anthing either. Please help Frown I want to live in this apartment!!!

Message 1 of 3 (3,755 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@realanadelrey 

Load a savegame from before you did this.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 3 (3,712 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@realanadelrey  This is just very odd.  You should be able to go into build mode for that apartment and grab the mailbox and delete it.  I have found that I can adjust things in the lobbies in most of my apartments in San Myshuno.   I will give it a try when I start my game to see if I can do so in that apartment building.  It's the building where the Fengs live, right?

Edit:  I went into my game and tried to edit that area. It didn't work even with the enablefreebuild cheat on.  So I think the only option is the one that @jpkarlsen suggested to revert to an earlier save.  You can edit the lobbies in the lots where the penthouses are, just not the ones with more than one apartment on a floor.

Message 3 of 3 (3,685 Views)