Re: MCCC isn't working

by RandomBuzziness

Original Post

MCCC isn't working

★★★ Newbie

I've downloaded MCCC. I put it in my mods folder. I ran sims 4 and it pops up as a mod I have. I get in the game and none of the features show up. I downloaded I different mod and it works perfectly. I even tried deleting the "localthumbcache.packet" cuz someone on here said that might help but it doesn't. I have the newest version of both sims 4 (1.62) and MCCC(7.10). Please help.

Message 1 of 17 (32,865 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@Papaya1712 All MCCC files must go into the same folder in your Sims 4 Mods folder and that folder needs to be no more than one level deep in your Mods folder. So something like this:

Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods > MCCC

The game will only go one-level deep when looking for .ts4script files. If you have the MCCC files in a sub-folder more than one-level deep it will not work.

Also you can check out a this video on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkLxrYcn8PU&feature=youtu.be

Good luck! :D

Message 2 of 17 (32,852 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@RandomBuzziness It is only one level deep
Message 3 of 17 (32,839 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Papaya1712 Are you on PC or Mac?
Also, are you using the Legacy Edition of Sims 4?

There should be two files inside of your MCCC folder:

mc_cmd_center.package
mc_cmd_center.ts4script

The downloads are compressed (zipped) so of course you'll have to un-zip them before you put them in your Mods folder. The folder path should look like this:

Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4 > Mods > MCCC

Since MC Command Center uses script files you need to enable them in your game. Go into the Game Options screen click the Other tab and check the boxes for "Enable Custom Content and Mods" and "Script Mods Allowed" and Apply Changes. There are additional troubleshooting steps listed at Deaderpool's MCCC website along with a link to their Discord page if you need more help.

Message 4 of 17 (32,799 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@RandomBuzziness So I have more than two files but "script mods allowed" was not turned on so I turned it on but it's still not working.
Message 5 of 17 (32,749 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Papaya1712 The two files I listed are for the core MC Command Center mod and they are required for MCCC to work. All of the other modules are optional but not required. It might be easiest to just to focus on the base MC Command Center mod for now because if you can get that to work then adding any optional modules later should be no problem.

Can you take a screen shot of your mods folder and attach it to a post? Be sure to include the complete file path.

Also, the version of MCCC you are using could depend on whether you are playing the Standard version of Sims 4 or the Legacy Edition.

Message 6 of 17 (32,737 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi I'm having this exact same issue, everything is downloaded only 1 file deep, it pops up when I start the game then nothing inworld comes up.

How do you know if your using the normal or legacy edition? I just bought the game on origin?

Message 7 of 17 (26,147 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here is a snip, I have tried all latest versions of the MCCC Mod 

Message 8 of 17 (26,146 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Liana4564 Please check for updates of MCCC. It might not work because the current version is 8.1.0. When you use the LE version of the Sims 4 please check the website. A word of advise MCCC is a very powerful tool and some of the adjustments you might want to make are not easily undone. The general warning is: Use these mods on your own risk they might harm your saves and game!

Anyhow, have fun playing. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 9 of 17 (26,120 Views)

★★★ Expert

@Liana4564 You are on PC, right? Inside your Sims 4 folder there is a .txt file called "GameVersion". Open that to see which version of the game you are using. For PC it should be 1.72.28.1030. If you have the Sims 4 Legacy Edition the game version will be 1.56.52.1020

You can also find your game version number on the lower right side of your Sims 4 main menu screen.

version number.JPG

If your game version is 1.72.28.1030 then you'll want to use MCCC 8.1.0
If your game version is 1.56.52.1020 then you'll want to use MCCC 6.6.0

For this mod to work you need to enable script mods in your Game Options settings. Make sure that both "Enable Custom Content and Mods" and "Script Mods Allowed" are selected.

script mods.JPG

Message 10 of 17 (26,069 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help