Re: MCC random marriage, how to stop it

by Psychotps

Original Post

Accepted Solution

MCC random marriage, how to stop it

★★ Novice

Hi guys,

How do I stop random marriage in MCC? For families that I don't play, fx. I don't want Pancakes to marry other people who are already married to another people. It barkes my story line. I want to only marry single sims. I tried to find this option myself, but I wasn't able to.. or maybe I'm blind. Is there a way to stop it? Thank you in advance! 

Message 1 of 6 (22,565 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@jpkarlsen
Actually, MCCC has "breakup" settings also. A married couple can break up and the sims marry others. Although those settings are turned off by default. They're in MCCC Settings/Relationship Settings/Breakup Settings

@botyful13
To turn off automatic marriages only for played households, click on a computer, go into MC Pregnancy/Marriage Sim Selection/Bypass Played Households and Enable that.

To turn off automatic marriages completely, click on a computer, go into MC Pregnancy/Marriage Sim Selection/Marriage Percentage and set the percentages for each age group to "0".

If you only want single sims to automatically marry, as long as you have the breakup settings turned off, MCCC won't marry a sim to someone who's already married. There are "established" relationship settings also. By default, if say you are playing Cassandra Goth, and she's in an established romantic relationship with Morgyn Ember, MCCC won't automatically marry off Morgyn to someone else...

View in thread

Message 4 of 6 (22,506 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Pro

Is MCC a mod.

Message 2 of 6 (22,550 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@botyful13 

if they are already married MCCC will not have them marry someone else.

If you need more help with this Mod the author has a Discord channel where you can ask for help.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 3 of 6 (22,516 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@jpkarlsen
Actually, MCCC has "breakup" settings also. A married couple can break up and the sims marry others. Although those settings are turned off by default. They're in MCCC Settings/Relationship Settings/Breakup Settings

@botyful13
To turn off automatic marriages only for played households, click on a computer, go into MC Pregnancy/Marriage Sim Selection/Bypass Played Households and Enable that.

To turn off automatic marriages completely, click on a computer, go into MC Pregnancy/Marriage Sim Selection/Marriage Percentage and set the percentages for each age group to "0".

If you only want single sims to automatically marry, as long as you have the breakup settings turned off, MCCC won't marry a sim to someone who's already married. There are "established" relationship settings also. By default, if say you are playing Cassandra Goth, and she's in an established romantic relationship with Morgyn Ember, MCCC won't automatically marry off Morgyn to someone else...

Message 4 of 6 (22,507 Views)

★★ Novice
@Psychotps Omg thank you so much. I don't remember messing with breakup settings, so I don't know why all this mess happened.

Literally, townies married and remarried each other every single day.
Message 5 of 6 (22,446 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@botyful13 It's fine. There are a TON of settings in there. I tend to stay away from changing things unless I'm positive I know what it does. Otherwise I run into situations like you did. It's happened to me quite a few times, which is why I tend to be extra careful now. Standard smile
Message 6 of 6 (22,365 Views)