Lvl 10 reached in romantic story now cannot propose

by rsew6-8

Original Post

Highlighted

Lvl 10 reached in romantic story now cannot propose

★★★ Newbie

My sim has reached lvl 10 of the 'The Fixer Upper' relationship, the propose option was there but I wanted to get her her own house before I proposed, unfortunately now the story is finished the propose option has disappeared.  I have brought all the marriage accessories (arch, lattice and pillars) and even the wedding dress, have gone to 'other' and 'flirty', but still no propose option. Is there a way to start a new relationship story with the same sim or uncouple with him and start again, or do I have to start a new romantic relationship with a completely new sim? 

Message 1 of 4 (604 Views)

Re: Lvl 10 reached in romantic story now cannot propose

[ Edited ]
Hero

@rsew6-8 The items from the marriage collection are only necessary to complete the wedding quest. Once the quest is finished, you won't need the arch, lattice or pillars to make your Sims engage and marry.

Could it be that the other Sim has retired? Retired Sims can't marry.

Is it one of your own Sims, a townie or a Sim that belongs to another player?

I would try doing another hangout between these two Sims and see if the Proposal event appears. Chapter events don't have the proposal option.

It's not possible to start a new relationship story between the same couple of Sims, so you would have to try with a different one.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 4 (597 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@SalixCat I'm not sure how to tell if it's a retired sim, and it just another sim in the town, how do I tell if it belongs to someone?
I am doing RIVAL options with him hoping to get the 'breakup' option, but so far no luck.
Might just have to find a new love internet I guess. Lol
Thanks. 🙂
Message 3 of 4 (586 Views)

Hero

@rsew6-8 Townies or Non Playable Characters (NPCs) don't have a plumbob over their heads. 

Sims with a blue plumbob over their heads belong to another player.

Retired Sims have their backs a bit hunched and get grayish hair. 

There is no breakup option on regular stories. The story will not disappear from your Sim's tab. You just need to start a story with another Sim.

If your Sim marries an NPC from town, it will immediately move in to your household and then you will be able to promote them to playable if you want to.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 4 of 4 (579 Views)