Re: Lvl. 1 Military Career After Graduating W/ Accompanying Degree

by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

Lvl. 1 Military Career After Graduating W/ Accompanying Degree

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1. 59. 73. 1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs, and all stuff packs except for My First Pets, Toddler Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, and Spooky Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? After graduating University, and not receiving a notification to go to graduation ceremony, try to join Military career.
What happens when the bug occurs? Military career only shows up as level one( Raw Recruit)
What do you expect to see? A higher entry level military career position.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have removed mods, repaired game, waited until receiving diploma, everything. This bug still occurs! Is anyone else experiencing this? Is this happening because my sim was expelled twice before finishing all twelve credits? Because this bug isn't occurring with another sim of mine, who went for acting. 

Message 1 of 7 (1,204 Views)

Hero
@VetteFan815 Does your Sim have the degree showing ?

There's usually the base game career showing as well an option to go in higher. Not sure which one that would be for the military career but are you sure you don't have both ?

Seems it's the officer branch so do you get officer offered as well as military ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,193 Views)

Hero
@VetteFan815 Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (1,140 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Has this issue been fixed? I'm now having the same problem, so many issues with the game lately. My sim graduated Psychology with Honours, I've just had him find a job on his phone and the Military career is offering lvl 1 employment, the Detective Career is showing higher entry, as is the Covert Operator career, Diamond Agent and Professor. Everywhere I looked on the internet said that the Psychology degree is needed for higher entry into the military career. I know that this has been moved to tech issues but I'm not playing on PC or Mac, I'm an Xbox One player so no mods or CC, I don't use cheats either. Quality of images is bad due to having to take a picture of my TV screen with my phone. 

Message 4 of 7 (1,089 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@SimmerFrustrated 
Military career should show option for Covert Ops  with a Psychology degree.
The History degree will show as Officer for the same (military) career.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 5 of 7 (1,063 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you! I checked again and read through the description and you're right it's a higher rank on the Military career. It's confusing that they do it like that, I wasn't looking for Covert Ops specifically, I went to the Military Career and was just expecting it to say - because you have a degree you start off at this level, type of thing. Thanks again. :-) 

Message 6 of 7 (1,050 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@SimmerFrustrated wrote:

Thank you! I checked again and read through the description and you're right it's a higher rank on the Military career. It's confusing that they do it like that, I wasn't looking for Covert Ops specifically, I went to the Military Career and was just expecting it to say - because you have a degree you start off at this level, type of thing. Thanks again. :-) 

We all learn in our own way. I had to figure out that one myself thru playing the game. Happy to help you find a solution.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 7 of 7 (1,024 Views)