Low quality textures.

by ItsKatlyn99

Original Post

Low quality textures.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm really disappointed with the fact that some textures on The Sims Mobile looks so blurred and pixelated.

I prepared a comparison directly with The Sims 4 to show it. (Which is where furnitures are taken from and transferred to) 

The Sims 4: 0190809_131250.jpg

The Sims Mobile: 0190809_132130.jpg

The Sims 4: 

0809_131227.jpg

The Sims Mobile: 

20190809_131103.jpg

The Sims 4: 190809_131017.jpg

The Sims Mobile: 90809_131159.jpg

I am fully aware or the fact that on phone graphic is obviously lower than the PC/Console, but surely textures should not be blurred/pixelated/low quality. 

I spend a lot of money for this game, I buy pack and SimCash. Why am I paying? To have blurred objects with low textures quality? I no longer want pay to have this..... Please fix.

EDIT: this is not a complaint post about the graphic that should be like The Sims 4

Absolutely not, I like The Sims Mobile graphic... But some piece of furniture are really low resolution than others that seems to be high resolution. This is useful to understand how some textures really are and how they seems to lose all the details... 

Message 1 of 14 (1,594 Views)

Re: Low quality textures.

Community Manager (retired)

Sul sul, @ItsKatlyn99.

While it would be awesome to be able to have the same level of graphic quality between The Sims 4 and The Sims Mobile, there are many technical restrictions that would block that. PCs, Macs and latest-gen consoles have much more processing power both in their CPU and GPU than mobile devices. This is especially true when trying to cover a few different generations of mobile devices so that everyone has an opportunity to play.

I hope that helps.

Arrenai Cat

Did you receive an awesome, helpful response? Thumbs up +XP!

Was your issue resolved by a great post? :eahigh_file: Accept as Solution

ASK. ANSWER. LEVEL UP.

Message 2 of 14 (1,560 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

I'm not criticizing the lower graphic compared to PCs, but there's an obvious problem that afflict the game's textures. I honestly feel like the I am the only one seeing this.

It's not about phones or PCs or Consoles.

I don't think high graphic is available only with some colours or with some furniture while all the other are low graphic. Obvious here there is a problem to be fixed, because is the same game but with different textures quality o.O

I'm not good at speaking in English and making myself understood.

Let's try in a different way...

0190809_184150.jpg

In this pictures you can see some carpets from The Sims Mobile (which I use as example but this happen with some other pieces of furniture not only this) the same carpets in different colours has some textures literally perfect (on the right) and texture blurred and pixelated (on the left) but is the same object, that's so strange.

That's what I was trying to say :/

I didn't meant to be rude.

I'm perfectly aware that the graphic can't be the same, The Sims 4 was an example to show how textures REALLY are...

And this last pictures shows that TSMobile can do more. But there's some bugs or technical problem that need to be fixed that probably afflicts only some colours and some furnishings or some particular devices.

@Phantomlover1717 Am I the only one?

Message 3 of 14 (1,550 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

@ItsKatlyn99 

I agree with you 100%, and I actually spoke to this same concern on another thread when providing feedback for the event: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Sweet-Treat-Showdown-Event/td-p/8077599/page/3

I’m with you - it’s not like players are comparing it to the quality of graphics of TS4. I don’t even play that game. For me, I’m comparing it to other furniture within TSM. The shading on the front facing drawers and hardware is underwhelming. (It’s reminiscent of the freezer bunny Winterfest wreath we originally received, which has been drastically improved since Winterfest).

Please see the collage below. One of the new items of furniture is on the top left. There are other items of furniture in the collage for comparison. Look at the hardware, or knobs/handles. In the new piece, it’s like the handles are painted on. In the other furniture, the handles simply look more 3D. 

D273BEAB-45D6-47B0-BD10-68A388D4091E.jpeg

Edit: Typos. And holy smokes, I just looked at your TS4 handles more closely. That’s what it was supposed to look like? I had no idea that the original was an ornate handle. I’d be happier with just a cleaner, circular 3D knob handle, but trying to go for the ornate handle from the original piece of furniture in TS4 missed its mark. 

Message 4 of 14 (1,520 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@simmerdownMALFinally someone who understand me. Thanks, really. Usually I am the only one talking about things like this ♥️

I've been noticing this problem for a long time.
The game have a lot of potential to get clean and high resolution textures.
Objects are all taken from The Sims 4, some are perfect when brought to The Sims Mobile, and some else are pixelated/blurred. Other have some colours that are fine and some colours that are pixelated.

It seems obvious to me that this is an Issue or something like this. Otherwise every objects in the game would be pixelated/blurred and not just some.

EDIT: in the furniture of this event drawers seem crooked. Just take a look into the pictures.

Message 5 of 14 (1,509 Views)

Yes, this is something I recognize. However, this isn't a bug, this is more of a suggestion for a rework. I've passed it on. And I'll move this post to the game info forums. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 6 of 14 (1,490 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Phantomlover1717I'm honest, I would not rule out the hypothesis of the bug/technical issue.
If a piece of furniture, the exact same item but with two different colours has different qualities of textures, it can be a problem that can be probably fixed without a "rework".
It would not make sense that the blue colour is pixelated while the brown one of the same object is literally perfect.

Edit: In addition I saw on YouTube that other people have the same carpet that I'm showing you which in my game is blurry... but theirs is perfect...

Message 7 of 14 (1,406 Views)

Could you show me images of what you mean @ItsKatlyn99 ?

I know that since the start some items just looked a bit off. However we do have a bug with textures being lower, but then you should've seen the difference after one of the latest updates. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 8 of 14 (1,398 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Phantomlover1717have you seen the picture of the carpets I showed you yesterday? How can be possible that just the same piece of furniture change quality based on the colour I choose?

Message 9 of 14 (1,392 Views)

Yes, that carpet has been like that since the beginning. I've passed on the request to rework older items, cause who uses these items when they look so pixelate and weird?

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 10 of 14 (1,383 Views)