Re: Lots of Questions Plus Requests...

by JuliaLouise1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lots of Questions Plus Requests...

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
1) If you retire or move out a Sim, including one you paid for, do you get to replace them for free or does it cost? Also wondering same thing, if you let your Sim move in with someone else?

2) If you retire & move out your Sim, can you re-find them & purchase them again later to make them playable again?

3) Do you have to ever retire your Sims?

4) Do you have to purchase every room set?

5) Once you reach 100% in a career, social or hobby...are you wasting time interacting there anymore?

6) Can Sims have an accidental baby from just WooHoo or do you have to click on the bassinet?

-BTW I'm almost on level 26.
-I LOVE the game, but would really enjoy pets being added.
-Really wish kids didn't age so fast or better yet, you choose when to age them up from baby/toddler/child/teen/adult.
-Also stuff that cost SimCash should be cheaper, as it's almost impossible to earn them, especially when wanting to add a 4th Sim!
Message 1 of 7 (485 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

1) If you retire or move out a Sim, including one you paid for, do you get to replace them for free or does it cost? Also wondering same thing, if you let your Sim move in with someone else?

You don’t pay for sims. When you begin the game, you start off with two, free slots for playable sims. You can buy an additional 2 slots with sim cash (175 and 515 respectively). Once a slot is unlocked, it stays unlocked. So, as long as a slot is unoccupied, you can create (or promote/move in) a sim.

Edited to add: Sorry; forgot to mention: When you create subsequent sims, you’ll need to spend sim tickets (I forget how much). If you promote an offspring, or move in another, it’s completely free. 

2) If you retire & move out your Sim, can you re-find them & purchase them again later to make them playable again?

No. As above, you don’t purchase sims. You could, however, create an identical sim if you wanted. 

No. Saying that, I’ve seen some players report that their sims were forced to retire. I think that might be a bug. Perhaps, someone can chime in to clarify?

No.

5) Once you reach 100% in a career, social or hobby...are you wasting time interacting there anymore?

You won’t unlock any further rewards/furniture currently, but your sim can continue to earn money at a higher salary rate as opposed to beginning a new career.

You can switch careers without losing progress on the former. First time is free to switch—after that, it will cost an undetermined amount of simoleons. 

6) Can Sims have an accidental baby from just WooHoo or do you have to click on the bassinet?

No; you have to click on the bassinet.

Hope that helps 💐

Edited to add: I’d love to see pets in the game too. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (615 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

You don’t pay for sims. When you begin the game, you start off with two, free slots for playable sims. You can buy an additional 2 slots with sim cash (175 and 515 respectively). Once a slot is unlocked, it stays unlocked. So, as long as a slot is unoccupied, you can create (or promote/move in) a sim.

Edited to add: Sorry; forgot to mention: When you create subsequent sims, you’ll need to spend sim tickets (I forget how much). If you promote an offspring, or move in another, it’s completely free. 

No. As above, you don’t purchase sims. You could, however, create an identical sim if you wanted. 

No. Saying that, I’ve seen some players report that their sims were forced to retire. I think that might be a bug. Perhaps, someone can chime in to clarify?

No.

You won’t unlock any further rewards/furniture currently, but your sim can continue to earn money at a higher salary rate as opposed to beginning a new career.

You can switch careers without losing progress on the former. First time is free to switch—after that, it will cost an undetermined amount of simoleons. 

No; you have to click on the bassinet.

Hope that helps 💐

Edited to add: I’d love to see pets in the game too. 

Message 2 of 7 (616 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

1) You don't pay per sim, you're just buying the slot. Once a slot is unlocked you can put sims into that slot without ever paying another cent for it!

2) Once a sim is moved out it's no longer playable for yourself

3) You don't have to retire your sim. Although the pop up to do so can happen at any moment and a lot of players have accidentally retired their sims.

4) You can purchase whatever furniture you like, no need to buy it all. If you can, good on you !

5) If you continue playing you won't unlock anything else but you earn some decent money with the long shift!!

6) The only way to have babies is to tap the bassinet and either select have baby with or adopt baby

@brief_candlesanswers were really good, mine I guess are the same but just thought I'd put it out there also. Good luck with your game!!

Edited: I think we all want pets to be an option lol. Fingers crossed its an option in a future update!! 

Would also love for kids to grow up slower and to have more options for them such as daycare/school etc 

Message 3 of 7 (443 Views)

★★★ Guide

The 4th Sim Slot is supposed to be premium, you can choose to pay for the Slot, or earn through your gameplay. Right now Sim Cash rewards from events are only 1, so it may take awhile to save up for it.

Message 4 of 7 (426 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide
Thank you all for replying & so quickly. I did mean purchase with SimCash & not actual money lol.
Message 5 of 7 (411 Views)

★ Guide
Those were all very good questions, though!
Message 6 of 7 (393 Views)

★ Guide
Thank you for your answers @brief_candles
Message 7 of 7 (392 Views)