Re: Lot has wrong worth and sims not filling empty lots

by Sozki

Original Post

Lot has wrong worth and sims not filling empty lots

★ Guide

I was about to move my sim household to another lot. First of all, the worth of the lot seemed off, it was WAY less than it probably should be (the leftmost lot, 3-story building in Willow Creek) which it showed as 50 000 simoleons. I went in to sell couple of things to drop the value to be low enough for my sims but the value of the lot doesn't drop at all. Also my sims seem to get wrong amount when moving out? The lot info says it's worth 47k, but when I'm actually moving it's at least 5k less (shouldn't the dropped worth of items show there?)

The other thing is that there are no sims moving in to the neighbourhoods. There are some homeless families but all of the neighbourhoods are now otherwise empty other than the families I created and moved in. I have "fill empty houses" turned on and max amount of sims is 200. Game says there are 18 sims in the game right now. The game also fills npc careers like bartenders with sims I created. Any ideas? I don't want to start over, this is my farthest played game with multiple generations.

Message 1 of 3 (366 Views)

★ Guide

The world being empty isn't anything new, it's been going on for some time now and it sucks...

Message 2 of 3 (365 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is because when the last member of the household dies they take the furniture with them. The lot 'appears' to be furnished but it really isn't, hence the low worth of the lot. Even using the free real estate money cheat you will only get the  move in unfurnished option. 

If you go into build/buy mode, save the lot then place it back down from you gallery, it will be furnished.

One way to prevent this is to add a young adult sim or family into the lot before the last elder dies (which is what I do).

It is really annoying this happens and I honestly cannot see this ever being fixed.

If you don't mind using mods, MC Comand Centre happily moves sims into unfurnished lots.

Message 3 of 3 (285 Views)