Re: Lot Taxes Too High!!

by yagwit

Original Post

★★★★ Expert

Well, I made a mod on MTS that accounts for the latent power drain on the new lots. The appliances still seem to drain power at a higher rate than the other worlds though.

I thought since they re-did the billing system that it would work better but it's been buggier than ever.  I think the entire system needs another re-design.

Message 21 of 42 (1,365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@JosulyharOkay friend, making money in this game is so easy that you'll find lot taxes cheap, here are your options :

1 - Do aspirations and get a job, buy upgrades that increase your pay grade and keep getting promoted.

2 - Train the painting skill till it's like 7 or later, buy a digitalistic sketchpad and upgrade it with the handiness skill required to draw those paintings quicker, you'll be swimming in money in no time.

3 - Be a writter, every book you finish, publish it and every single day they will generate revenue.

4 - Complete the fabulously wealthy aspiration and you'll earn a load of money based on how much you currently have in hands

5 - Find a strawberry and a snappdragon flower, plant them on a planter and keep them alive while you grind gardening, once you can graft, grab a single graft from one plant and place them on the other, this will cause them to spawn Dragon Fruits with them but they regrow slowly. Plant the dragon fruits and sell the harvest, you'll be rich.

5 - This one is cheaty, befriend some sim, ask him to move to your household and transfer their money, then do away with your new roommate, don't worry, they don't need the money and you will not see a heartbreaking message like that one on TS3 bringing gossips about someone being completely broke.

6 - Fishing and collecting stuff from the map, including but not limited to plants, rocks and frogs will give you plenty to sell and can be done every single day.

7 - Getting an item that uses less water/power and upgrading it with handiness might as well replace those expensive appliances from the build mode, including the beds.

8 - Rooms that you don't need to be lit can be set to auto-light and save a ton of money in those bills, there are also small lamps like those diamond ones resembling the moods that consume nothing, mounting them on the walls with platforms might save you money as well.

9 - The Nano Can is a trash can that actually pays you to dispose of your trash, abuse it.

and finally

10 - something broke? fix it and sell the spare parts you can harvest from the trash.

Message 22 of 42 (1,345 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Josulyhar In the sims 4 there is a reward that lower the bills when you complete wimps
Message 23 of 42 (1,330 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Apprentice

Why are lot taxes so high? My sim is paying 60g a year in taxes!!  Nothing I do will bring her down to $0. I would like the eco and off grid items to at least have her break even. 

Message 24 of 42 (1,290 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Trismagistos There's something fishy here... Your mansions costs from 1 to 15 millions? The household cap is 10 millions minus one, so there's no way to buy them. How much are the taxes for 15 millon mansion? Mine is around 1 millon and my taxes are 3 million (3 times the lot value). I overturned it with Dragon Fruits. I can super sell 200 plants and make about 1,250,000 simeleons a day, so paying 3 millions as taxes aren't that defying so far. Also, my Sims in the household are all unemployed. Main all cap, cause there's no more skill to level up. Only a couple aspirations left until I have to buy another expansion.
Message 25 of 42 (1,222 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MrKurausu I will explain that there is mothing fishy about the mansions!

I started the Sims 4 from the beginning and some of my Sims are still in the saved game I play. I started from scratch with only § 20,000.- like any other player. Worked my Sims up to the highest skill levels and jobs. They were promoted in these jobs and I also let them start with gardening.

I don't have to cheat for money because I know some of the perks that are in the game. I will not spoil my tricks here. But it also has to do with gardening.

In a household of 8 Sims in the right house with the right traits etc.  they will earn over   § 3,000,000 a week in interest alone. The Sim I have been playing for over four years now also has three degrees and brings home over § 60,000.- a day. He is a scientist and makes his own youth potions and on top of that he also became a spellcaster. Many other members are related and they are brought up from the moment they became toddlers. There is a trick in giving your Sim kids the right start and in effect, one can say that they are very privileged. Many of them now also have university degrees and earn over § 2,000.- per hour.

All in all the family lives in a Mansion of just over 16 million and that is because they have 15 million stashed in their vaults. More than enough to pay the taxes. The family I play at this moment lives in Brindleton Bay on a relatively small lot of 40 x 40 tiles and the pay just round about  § 50,000.- because a lot of their goods are eco friendly. They use candles for lighting rooms instead of electric lights etc.

Just try it yourself. 

Have fun playing. 😉

Edit: One can build and rebuild and adjust a mansion. When your Sims is a master painter, paints a masterpiece and they will hang it in their house this will add value to the lot as well.

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 26 of 42 (1,214 Views)

★★★★ Expert

@Trismagistos 

Lol.   So, if your sim left 16M in the vault, and moved out and left everything there, does that mean the lot would be impossible to purchase?

If so, that sounds like a design flaw...

Message 27 of 42 (1,190 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Psychotps Technically you might be right. But in this case the money in the vaults, there are three of them, will be taken by the owners as soon as they leave. It is a something between a dowry and a bequest and belongs to three of the young Adults. So that is in my gameplay. 

On the other hand the property itself is valued at just over 1,000,000.- and easily obtainable when one uses the cheat 'bb.freerealestate'. This cheat always make it possible to go upmarket with property. 😁 Even when your Sims family can not afford it. 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 28 of 42 (1,182 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@TrismagistosSorry. I meant that there's something fishy here with my game, not yours.

I also started the game with one single Sim, no cheats at all, made him spellcaster, immortal (with spellcaster potion), eternaly young (with of potion of youth, ambrosia, etc). I also made an harem, making my main Sim a player (romantic aspiration reward) and then making all its 7 girlfriends players too. Also made all of them Shrewd as to receive the buggy interest over the same funds for all Sims. I planted about 200 perfect Dragon Fruits and I make about $1,250,000 a day from harversting (super sell), with all my 8 Sims unemployed. I also amasssed the household funds to the cap ($9,999,999), as so that I pay the bills and before the next bills is due, the interests already amassed the household funds to the cap again.

The fishy thing is that my lot costs about $1,500,000 but my lot taxes costs about $3,000,000, without considering the discount from my main Sim frugal trait.

I think I'll buy the Frugal trait with all my 7 girlfriends to see if I can get more discount on bills.

Message 29 of 42 (1,145 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@sim31984 There's not. You can complete whims and/or aspirations milestones to accumulate reward points, then you can buy the reward trait "Frugal" in the reward store that lowers the bills for that Sim whenever and whatever. You'll not get your bills lower by completing whims then, they'll always be lower because of the trait Frugal, not because you completed whims. You can buy this trait without completing whims at all, you just need to complete some aspirations milestones.
Message 30 of 42 (1,163 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help