Re: Looking to Lower Spellcaster's Rank - Is It Possible?

by PugLove888

Original Post

Looking to Lower Spellcaster's Rank - Is It Possible?

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've seen many suggestions for advancing thru the magical ranks quickly but is there a way to take a Sim back down to Apprentice or Acolyte once they've reached Master status? I've been searching for a way but haven't found one yet. 
There's a really annoying NPC who showed up, already a Master & I'm looking to take the wind out of her sails (yeah, I'm that petty, she's awful!) Standard smile

Message 1 of 11 (5,706 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@gwenleah,  the only way I know of doing this is to use a cheat to change the Spellcaster levels!  I think you will have to get the NPC Spellcaster to join your household (and not as a non-playable roommate, but as a playable member of your household, at least temporarily).  In the past I've just befriended a Sim I wanted to move in and then asked them to move in , but with the new roommate system that allows you to have non-playable roommates, that might be more complicated.  Also, you might not wish to have your Sim actually befriend the annoying Sim.  Therefore, you can try to find them in the Manage Households menu and see if they are in the world or not, and if they aren't then you can place them in the world and into your household !  If you don't know how to do that you will need to go into Manage Worlds and then from that screen the Manage Households.  The Sim you want will probably be listed as not in the world, so make sure that that box is checked and not any of the others.  From there you can move them into your Sim's household with the Household Split & Merge interface. Once they are in your household you can then change their Spellcaster level by having them be the active Sim while entering the following cheats: 

Bring up the Cheat Box by pressing Ctrl + Shift +

IN the cheat box type testingcheats on and press Enter.

Then in the cheat box type
 Stats.Set_Stat RankedStatistic_WitchOccult_WitchXP # (The number will be an actual number from 50 - 3000 depending on what level you want the Sim to be at.)

Neophyte = 50

Acolyte = 350

Adept = 875

Master = 1550

Virtuoso = 2350
After you use the cheat, you can turn of the testing cheats by typing testingcheats off and pressing Enter. 

This should do the trick, as I was able to do it successfully! Wink
Please update us on of you have problems or if you are able to get this to work for you! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 11 (5,658 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 Thank you, Puglove (they are adorable little buddies, aren't they?). I've been trying this for the last 20 min but with no luck.
If I have this annoying, lipstick smeared, bright blue eyeshadowed snitty woman get the rite of dissolution (I think that's what it's called), then have her again ask for assention, will she start over or will her master status be reinstated, do you know?
She's close to being deleted but for some reason, Simeon S. has a thing for her so I'm holding off. LOL
Message 3 of 11 (5,635 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
NM, I just tried it and it puts her back as a master. UGH.
She's become MY personal bane. My sims don't seem to find her that repulsive but I cannot stand her!

Message 4 of 11 (5,631 Views)

Hero (Retired)
@gwenleah Can you just delete her?
Message 5 of 11 (5,593 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PoptartJuniper Yes, but for some reason, Simeon Silversweater, who's my main Sim's bff is "ga ga" for her. First time he's ever fallen for someone in any of my games so I was trying to just make her more bearable rather than getting rid of her totally. Standard smile
Message 6 of 11 (5,577 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@gwenleahAh, makes sense. I probably would not delete her then either. I see, you said that earlier! My apologies.

If you are trying to cheat occult ranks off, you probably need to remove the current rank first before you can add the new rank. That's how it works with half aliens anyway if you try to change them to full alien.

Otherwise @PugLove888  knows her business and gave good advice.

You can always try just giving her a makeover in the CAS and that may make her a little easier to deal with if she isn't rocking that "amazing" townie fashion.

Message 7 of 11 (5,571 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@gwenleah, yes I thought of trying the Rite of Dissolution and then later giving her the Rite of Ascension as well, like you thinking it might work like a career and bring you down a level if you quit and then got reinstated.  So I tried it before I even posted the cheats because I know a lot of people don't like using cheats, so I was trying to find an in-game way of doing it. But as you found out, this doesn't work in resetting Spellcaster rank, or even knocking it down a bit! Devil  

But which part are you having problems with? Wondering Are you having problems adding the Sim to the world to become playable, or are you having problems adjusting her Spellcaster level? (If it is the latter, then in the cheat, instead of the #, you need to only put the number for the amount of level points and not the # sign. Wink  

Also, do you play on a console or a PC or Mac?  If you play on a PC or Mac do you happen to use any Mods or Custom Content (CC)? Wondering  

Also, it is sweet of you to keep the Sim you don't like in order to please Simeon Silversweater! Angel  Simeon is a pretty nice guy! Heart

Please update us on your situation! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 8 of 11 (5,528 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@PugLove888 When I use the cheat, it doesn't adjust the casting level. I've tried it with every level number and no, didn't use the # sign.
I play on a PC. I do use McCommand but have removed it to see if it worked and it didn't. No CC.
OH, I just remembered I'd installed a fix for the "bored" moodlet that's running rampant. I totally forgot about having that mod.
Going to take that out of gameplay and trying again!
I totally had forgotten about that!
Message 9 of 11 (5,492 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Nope, it doesn't matter. All Mods are out of my game, no CC. That cheat just doesn't work. Maybe something's been adjusted since you were able to use it, Puggers.
I do appreciate your trying to help though! Standard smile

Message 10 of 11 (5,484 Views)