Re: Looking for the right pc for sims 4

by LilyFlowerNay95

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Looking for the right pc for sims 4

★★★ Novice

What's a good pc to play sims 4 , that I could use with pack + mods that's under $400?

Message 1 of 5 (348 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]

@LilyFlowerNay95  Is that 400 U.S. dollars?  And do you want a laptop or a desktop?  If you'd prefer a laptop, would $420 be okay?  Because this would be a decent choice, capable of running the game, all packs included, on medium graphics settings:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-IdeaPad-3-15-Laptop-AMD-Ryzen-5-3500U-Quad-Core-Processor-8GB-Memo...

Below that, the quality drops off significantly, although there are still laptops for $400 or just under that would run the game on low-medium settings.  I'll look again if you want; just let me know.

Desktops are often more expensive than laptops in this category, at least once you factor in the monitor.  But if you'd prefer a desktop, I can try to find some good options as well.

If you're in a different country, please tell me which one.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (340 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]

@LilyFlowerNay95  Is that 400 U.S. dollars?  And do you want a laptop or a desktop?  If you'd prefer a laptop, would $420 be okay?  Because this would be a decent choice, capable of running the game, all packs included, on medium graphics settings:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Lenovo-IdeaPad-3-15-Laptop-AMD-Ryzen-5-3500U-Quad-Core-Processor-8GB-Memo...

Below that, the quality drops off significantly, although there are still laptops for $400 or just under that would run the game on low-medium settings.  I'll look again if you want; just let me know.

Desktops are often more expensive than laptops in this category, at least once you factor in the monitor.  But if you'd prefer a desktop, I can try to find some good options as well.

If you're in a different country, please tell me which one.

Message 2 of 5 (341 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yess 400 US $ I prefer a laptop honestly  that will be worth the money I would pay

Message 3 of 5 (317 Views)

@LilyFlowerNay95  This is the best laptop I saw (on half a dozen different sites) for $400.  It should run the entire game, all packs included, on medium graphics settings.  It doesn't have a lot of storage, but 256 GB is more than enough for all Sims 4 packs and plenty of custom content, plus however many small apps like browsers you want to install.

https://www.officedepot.com/a/products/8818484/Lenovo-IdeaPad-S340-Laptop-156-Screen/

It has the same hardware and size as the Walmart laptop I linked earlier, so it should perform pretty much the same.

Below that, the strength of the hardware drops off quickly while the price only drops a little.  For example, this is the next best option I saw, and it's $380.  It should run the game on low-medium settings fine, but it's not going to do as well as the one above.

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/lenovo-ideapad-15-6-laptop-amd-ryzen-3-8gb-memory-256gb-solid-state-dri...

Another option is a refurbished laptop, but you wouldn't really be saving money, or getting an upgrade on the hardware, if you bought from a typical store.  The only place you could get a significantly better laptop is on a site like Ebay, but of course that's always a risk.  If you do want to see some options from Ebay, let me know.

And of course if you have more questions, please feel free to ask.

Message 4 of 5 (303 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah I was looking on amazon and ebay didn't feel comfortable purchasing from them.. but I do thank you I ended up getting the one from Walmart for 420 .. I might as well spoil myself 😂

Message 5 of 5 (300 Views)