Lock game camera to height/floor level not terrain

by willprot

Original Post

Lock game camera to height/floor level not terrain

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

First I am on console and have no idea what options are given on PC but this is definitely not easily available on console.

At any rate, with the ability to raise foundations and increased the size of objects such as trees, and even more so with the introduction of terrain tools the camera often changes heights wildly when simply moving left to right and coming near any of these objects that may be larger, making it difficult to view my Sims and play the game.

I'm not sure why this behavior is needed since as long as the camera stayed level with the floor the Sims are on, we would always be able to see our Sims. Also giving us a way to raise/lower the camera manually as with free view but still having control of our Sims. Conversely having the camera rocket toward the sky just because a large object is close or a terrain change with no way to lower the camera will definitely not maintain focused on our Sims.

A simple option to only have the camera stay at one height. (i e. once we bring the camera to a Sim or move the camera to a location, when we move left or right, the camera ALWAYS maintains the same height and will not track with terrain) simply staying the same height regardless of what objects it may pass that may force it to want to lower or raise.

I'm just having a very hard time playing my game on the lot I've built and would assume these building tools have been added into the game because they are to used, as such using them shouldn't be broken because of the strange camera rules.

Message 1 of 2 (742 Views)

Re: Lock game camera to height/floor level not terrain

Champion

@willprot I play on PC and the only option available, that I know of, is to manually edit the file that governs camera function.  This option is not ideal though because adjusting the functions is not intuitive and has it's own drawbacks.  It would be better to have the option to ignore terrain and maintain the camera on whatever floor you want.  

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 2 of 2 (673 Views)