List of sims not doing stuff automatically anymore

by Takata5

Original Post

List of sims not doing stuff automatically anymore

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

So here is a "small" list of things that sims use to do automatically but don't anymore since before certain patches, at least before the eco pack. 

-Sims not changing into their "everyday" clothes once they come inside

-Sims not sitting down after "Getting leftovers" from the fridge (they still sit down after just cooking if they need to eat) This is annoying because the sim will block the fridge for other sims to use.

-Sims not washing their hands after using the toilet (only happens if you do this right after coming home from work)

-Sims not sitting down to watch tv, (this happens like 50% of the time)

That's all I can think of at the top of my head right now! If anyone wants to add something you can go right ahead!

Message 1 of 10 (722 Views)

Re: List of sims not doing stuff automatically anymore

★★★★ Apprentice
@Takata5 My sims almost always wash their hands after using the toilet, but as for the other things, (especially standing in front of/blocking the fridge!!!) happens for me the same as you. D:
Message 2 of 10 (682 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@Takata5My Sims usually wash their hands after using the toilet. But for me it (them not washing their hands) doesn't happen right after coming home from work. One of my Sims is a Bodybuilder and even if he comes home from work and doesn't use the bathroom right at that moment, sometimes he won't wash his hands so I have to direct him to. Same with my Self-Employed Sim. 😉

So it doesn't just happen right after they get home from work (at least for me). ☺️

Message 3 of 10 (674 Views)

★★ Novice

I too am having similar issues, but including those I am also having the problem of my Freelancer Jobs not finishing with payment even though they are complete. Totally annoying.

Message 4 of 10 (654 Views)

★★★ Expert

@WolfMindyKitten Yeah the Freelance Career bug is getting a lot of us. It was bad timing for me because I just started a new Sim in a Freelance career & I had to make her quit. Here's a link to a Bug Report on this topic:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Freelancer-All-task-done-Gig-not-completed/td-p/8249033/p...

The only work-around I've seen mentioned is a mod. I haven't tried it yet but several posters confirmed it works. There's more info on the Bug Report if you are interested in trying it. If you go to that Bug Report, please consider clicking the Me Too button while you're there. :D

Message 5 of 10 (636 Views)

Champion

@Takata5  and @meeshmeesh3 , yes I've had the problem with Sims standing in front of the fridge when getting leftovers from at least right before the Dine Out GP was released in the summer of 2016!  I remember in particular I made a large family of Sims (Grandparents, parents , teens, and kids) with cooking aspirations and Foodie personality traits in preparation for this pack and that they all would stand in front of the fridge .  Most of the time they would block others, but occasionally they would glitch and stand on top of each other.   Here is an example of this with this family:
05-28-16_3-45-42 AM.png

So, I usually direct them to either sit down at the table after they get leftovers, or look at some art away from the fridge, or else watch the Cooking Channel while eating.  This will usually prevent them from blocking others unless your timing is off. 

@AprilTheSimmer96 , @meeshmeesh3 , and @Takata5 , I usually don't' have a problem with Sims not washing their hands after using the toilet, unless of course they have the Slob personality trait.  (It also might be possible for Sims with the Lazy trait to also skip washing hands, but I don't recall if this is the case or not.  I just remember it being this way for Slob Sims.! Wink

However, I do sometimes get Sims skip using the toilet if I queue up the toilet interaction and then the shower interaction.  For some reason they will often skip going to the toilet and just head straight for the shower! Disappointed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 6 of 10 (622 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@PugLove888 I can get them to eat at the table if I have one of them set the table first. I think you need the Parenthood Game Pack to have this option though. If a teen or child sets the table it also increases their "Manners" character value. Otherwise I will just click on a dining chair when one of my Sim is eating and direct them to sit-- this will usually get any other Sims who are eating to join them and sit at the table as well. 

Message 7 of 10 (611 Views)

Champion

@RandomBuzziness , Most of the time I have them watch TV (usually the Cooking channel so they can multi-task for skill! ) so it isn't a problem since I usually direct them to watch TV anyway, wich is either in the dinning room for convenience or in the living room..  Second to that I have them just sit at the table with out watching tv.Wink  I do have Parenthood, but sometimes forget to set the table and don't have time in the morning before school or work. Oops

Message 8 of 10 (584 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PugLove888 Yeah I think my Sims will use a sink if it's next to a toilet. Or usually if it's on the other side of the room. But mostly I think they wash their hands at sinks next to the toilet. ☺️

@RandomBuzziness Yeah I do that too with my Sims. If I want them to sit somewhere to eat I will select where I want them to sit and sometimes they'll sit somewhere else but immediately get up and sit where I told them to (if they don't go to where I told them to sit before pausing the time). ☺️
Message 9 of 10 (542 Views)

Champion

@AprilTheSimmer96 , yes, my Sims usually use the sink that is closest to the toilet for washing hands after using the toilet.  That makes it even more strange when after eating they don't always use the sink closest to where they ate! Thinking 🤷‍♀️

Message 10 of 10 (519 Views)