Re: Life of the Party

by HatsuneLotus

Original Post

Life of the Party

★★★★ Novice

Can someone explain how this reward works? I haven’t been able to figure out if the amount and type of rewards (simoleons and party cake) are based upon the level of the party when you earn 3 purple stars, or if it depends on whether I earn all the stars with just one of my sims or I use multiple sims to get there. I usually try to incorporate all my sims but maybe it’s better to just use one, then have my other sims attend later and use party cake to participate.

Also, if a sim attends a party but doesn’t participate, or only participates in ways that don’t use party energy (like adding contacts), are they still able to receive stickers from other sims? And once they leave the party and go back to their normal events, do they still appear to be at the party to other sims, and therefore continue to earn stickers while engaged elsewhere (are they in 2 places at once?) or do they only get stickers while they are actually at the party?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 10 (788 Views)

You get the Life of the Party reward when you do a certain number of actions during a party--or, more specifically, when you spend your party points. I've noticed I usually get the reward after I use 8 or so party points if there are only low level actions, but I've gotten it after 6 points spent if I'm doing all high level actions (like actions that yield 75 stars, like from a Christmas tree, a bar, or a bubble machine).

Your sim appears at the party when you bring them, but will only stay at the party if that sim does at least one action. If your sim doesn't participate while at the party, then they won't be visible to other players when you leave the party and so they won't be able to receive stickers. 

Good questions, @UnicornFaerie000 , I hope I explained the answers clearly.

Message 2 of 10 (765 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ah yes thanks that helps! But what determines how many simoleons I earn (and if I also get party cake) from completing party interactions? I haven’t been able to figure out why the amounts vary 🤔

I try to do interactions that yield at least 50 each otherwise I am not able to complete enough without using party cake. 

Message 3 of 10 (752 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

PARTY REWARDS

When you arrive at a party, there are two empty progress bars - your own progress bar next to your sim and the party group's progress bar at the top. The interactions you make by clicking on the purple balloons, hobby icons and career icons contribute to both. The higher the party level, the better the rewards

YOUR PROGRESS BAR

progress bar (2).jpeg

Filling your progress bar to three stars will reward you some simoleons and a possibility of a party cake (used for party energy). However if you don't fully fill your progress bar, you will still get simoleons at the end as long as you have at least one star. 

One star    x 5 simoleons.png

Two stars    x 20 simoleons.png

Three stars    x 40 simoleons.png(immediately rewarded during the party)

GROUP PROGRESS BAR

party progress.jpeg

The group progress bar is filled by you and other players. To get better rewards you need to help other party goers by doing party interactions.

These rewards are received after the party's over (12 hours):

LEVEL 2    x 10 simoleons.png

LEVEL 3    x 20 simoleons.png

LEVEL 4    x 35 simoleons.png

LEVEL 5    x 50 simoleons.png

LEVEL 6    x 50 simoleons.png x 1 gem.png

LEVEL 7    x 65 simoleons.png x 1 gem.png

LEVEL 8    x 65 simoleons.png x 2 gem.png

LEVEL 9    x 85 simoleons.png x 2 gem.png

LEVEL 10    x 85 simoleons.png x 4 gem.png

Message 4 of 10 (748 Views)

The party cakes might be random. Or maybe you receive a party cake every 4th or 5th party you attend (and reach Life of the Party status). As for simoleons, isn't it always just 40?
Message 5 of 10 (747 Views)

Hero

Oh, I like this subject Standard smile I have been also trying to figure out how to earn party cake as I like to send my four sims to every party. They do five actions each, so I want to earn cake each time if possible.

I have observed that I get cake when my sim is the one who levels up the party. Also if I make them do different type of actions like greeting the host and using party items. I leave the 75 points actions to the end. This is just a theory I have. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 6 of 10 (744 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

It's 40 when you reach three stars. But if you don't reach three, you earn less simoleons Standard smile

Message 7 of 10 (738 Views)

★★★ Guide

file-1.jpeg

I assume there's a 25 percent chance of earning the party cake reward as the circle is 1/4 filled. Maybe it's earned every four parties that you attend, as what @thecakeisaLIE82 had said Standard smile

Not sure though Wondering

Message 8 of 10 (721 Views)

Hero

@HatsuneLotus  It should be as you say, but for some reason I can't explain, I get sometimes two cakes a day several days in a row Party hat

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 9 of 10 (709 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@SalixCat Hmmm.. that's strange. I don't suppose it's a bug or the cakes are just randomly rewarded after all? Raised eyebrow I'll keep an eye on what I earn.

Update: I’ve received two party cakes in a row (after reaching three stars), so I think they’re just random rewards. Not sure what the 1/4 circle means..

Message 10 of 10 (705 Views)