Latest Patch - Trait improvements?

by Sheli38

Original Post

Latest Patch - Trait improvements?

★★★ Apprentice

I read they had improved traits in latest patch. Anyone notice any gameplay improvements or differences? 

Message 1 of 6 (367 Views)

Re: Latest Patch - Trait improvements?

★ Pro

@Sheli38 Yes, I am seeing some differences.  Most have been talked about here: Let's Find Those Trait Improvements — The Sims Forums so you may want to read through that thread.

The funniest one I've seen happened this morning when I told a sim to hip bump her father, who she was visiting.  He was angry and has been put out with her because of the negative reputation she's been getting from being a kleptomaniac.  They just sort of awkwardly smashed together with a negative outcome.  If that's not new, I certainly haven't seen it before, lol.  We'll probably be discovering subtle changes for some time to come.

Message 2 of 6 (347 Views)

★ Novice

Maybe I am just repeating news that you may have already read, so apologizes if that's the case. But it seems from the site I'm reading at the moment, which informs people what the improvements made on The Sims 4 are.

There target was to improve Base Game personality traits to make them more meaningful in gameplay. 

The Traits that they have improved are Bookworm, Cheerful, Clumsy, Genius, Gloomy, Glutton, Good, Goofball, Hates Children, Hot-Headed, Jealous, Mean, Neat, Noncommittal, Perfectionist. They also made some Reactionary Trait changes to Slob and Ambitious. And lastly changes were made to daily activities, such as Taking a Shower or Eating a Meal which supposedly now allows them to be completed in less time. 

At the moment I am downloading The Sims 4, so I cant say if I have personally noticed any trait changes at the moment.

But no doubt they have improved traits because there really is no point for them to announce something, if they did not actually do it hah.

*Random Side Note

I like your profile photo, its cute haha. 

Hope your day is amazing! :D

Message 3 of 6 (326 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@smllo

So far, the only one I've noticed is "Neat". If someone has that trait... they will be CLEANING ALL THE TIME.

It's actually quite a bit OP. They'll clean things already clean... over... and... over... and... over... and... over...

You may want to stop giving your sims the "Neat" trait. They won't be doing much of anything else.
Message 4 of 6 (315 Views)

★ Novice

@Psychotps 

Haha, love that. I kind of want to try that now! I have also noticed they added a thing called sentiments. Not sure if that was added a while ago but its definitely interesting. (:  

Message 5 of 6 (253 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@smllo

Yeah, it was funny actually. I've been playing Sims 4 for years. Since it came out. Once this patch hit... I noticed my sim went over and CLEANED the grill! I never even knew that COULD be cleaned. Then She went into the bathroom and cleaned the toilet... which wasn't dirty. Then went back and cleaned the grill again... She went back and forth for an hour before I gave her something else to do...
Message 6 of 6 (249 Views)