Re: Last Adult Sim died & child sim deleted

by jpkarlsen

Original Post

Last Adult Sim died & child sim deleted

★★ Novice

Hi everyone, 

Any kind advise would be much appreciated as i am so freaking annoyed right now. Here's the thing.

I originally had a household i was playing with, it consist of 1 elder, 1 YA (brother) and 1 child (sister) sim. I've decided to move out the brother out of the original household and play as my YA. So my original household left with 1 elder and 1 child sims. The elder sim died so it only left with the sister (child). I did not realise the sister was totally gone from the world until i go as 'manage world mode'. I went back to the brother (YA) and tried to look if the sister is still contactable but unfortunately, no. She is totally gone. 

I mean the sister is still in the family tree but i couldn't get her back nor call/text at all. It doesnt show up at the relationship list. 

I have tried to look for unplayed household in the gallery and no. It wasn't there at all. I've done some googling and all said that the game will delete the child sims instead of shifting them to the unplayed household. 

Unfortunately, i saved the game after the elder sim died. So going back to before the elder died is impossible. 

Is there anyway to get the sister back? Like any cheats?

Thank you in advance for any help Frown 

Message 1 of 5 (3,195 Views)

Champion (Retired)

When a Child/Toddler/Baby is left alone in a household they are culled by the game. Only way to get the child back is to load a game prior to this happening.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 5 (3,190 Views)

Re: Last Adult died, left child sim and gone from the gallery

[ Edited ]
Champion

@TrulyHui You could try going back to a previous save. https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/how-to-restore-a-previous-saved-game-in-the-sims-... Unfortunately if there is not one I'm also afraid she is gone. Frown Did you perhaps save the household at any point into your in-game 'My library' in the gallery? if you did you can download it and get the girl from there. Also if you have a previous game save you could roll back to that. (I will add info on how to do this for future help.)

How to back up your game file:

Go to Documents > Electronic Arts > The Sims 4. Right click on the file "The Sims 4", copy it. This file is your backup of your game saves, etc. You should save a copy of this folder occasionally in case your game or computer crashes. Save it to an external drive (in case your computer crashes - yes, I've had that happen a number of times also). On an external drive it is safe from that.). That way you could add this folder into a fresh install and recover your lost game should you need to.

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 3 of 5 (3,186 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for your help!

I actually went back to 'Load game' and i click on the 'Recover save'. There were a list of saves and i manage to find back the save before the elder died.

Message 4 of 5 (3,169 Views)

Champion

Perfect! I'm so glad you found her! I would recommend keeping a copy of your 'The Sims 4' folder periodically in the future, as I mentioned, as this can be very helpful. You don't need these things until you need them. Standard smile

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 5 of 5 (3,163 Views)