Re: Large Lot Help

by wahini2024

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Large Lot Help

★ Guide

I don't like huge lots. 20x30 is plenty big and I'll occasionally build on a 30x40 

I'm trying to fill in these massive lots and am curious what others have done on the 40 to 64 lots

I don't like mansions.  Most of my game play revolves around singles, couples and a few families with 1 or 2 kids (my 30x20 lots) 

I love apartments but they're all full in my game

I prefer my Sims not get lost on multiple levels or in other wings. I do utilize community lots a lot to have active and interactive game play outside the house.  

What are some gallery finds for community lots?

Are townhouses a pain to play? 

All suggestions welcome... just not mansions I'm not a fan of really large homes.  Thanks! 

Message 1 of 10 (660 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Expert

As a person who also doesn't like mansions, here are some options I have for your large lots:

~ Shopping centres

~ Museums

~ National parks

~ Huge gardens will all fruits/veg/flowers/herbs

~ Launderettes

~ Cinemas

~ Theaters

~ Stadiums

~ Photgrahy studios

~ If you are the type of person who has sim aging on (or kills your sims), graveyards

~ If you have the seasons pack, you could use the lot for rollerskating rings and or ice skating rings since it can be hard to find them naturally occuring

~ If you use cheats, you could also put food stalls on them so your sims can learn new food recipies or just have access to specific food stalls that aren't always available

~ If you have the pets pack, you could build pet meetups with all the agility training equipment, toys, etc

~ If the local area is struggling to reach a particular footprint, you could add a bunch of footprint effecting objects to help it

those are the ones I can think of currently but overall, large plots have a lot of potential for world building, even if you don't use them for housing!

View in thread

Message 7 of 10 (484 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

I do huge gardens!  Huge, ginormous, monstrous gardens.  Not with landscaping, the type your Sims weed and water and sell produce from.  I play a lot of gardeners.

(I also sometimes add a greenhouse and/or a large pool, and maybe, if there are kids, a giant jungle gym.)

Message 2 of 10 (626 Views)

★ Guide
@xochiquetzl_xkvn Oh that's awesome! I've only ever had one Gardener.. well at least as the career path. Most of my sims have yard gardens and one has s greenhouse but that could be a really cool addition as a community lot. Does it help with the eco footprint?
I'm building out new crest with my bachelor/ bachelorette challenge couples and would love a little hub for them to hang out at... the problem is always that the lot isn't little 😅
Message 3 of 10 (610 Views)

★★ Guide

@wahini2024 If I'm building on a big lot for my sims to move into I normally go to a house building website that will give me some great ideal for building , I also try to focus on what my sims like the most and use the extra rooms to create a in home movie theatre designing like they are going to a movie and they really like that décor.

Screenshot 2021-07-11 145305.png

A large community lot I've learn to turn it to a café for my sims, I also build on that same lot a area they can go and hang out and use the computers and a also a small size park for them to hang , I build a mixture of things.  I kind of make it look like a little shopping area. 

Message 4 of 10 (569 Views)

★ Guide

Oh I like the idea of a little shopping type area (even though retail is buggy). My sims,  currently, love going to the gym.  Everyone goes to the gym all the time and I love seeing them all interact there and would like a fun community lot that isn't a gym just for a change in my game.  They all enjoy pretty much the same activities but having maybe smaller builds  on a larger is the best way to go.  Possibly a Cafe and computer and arts and music.  Skill building type places all on one large lot. The 64x64 lot size is just going to waste right now @LonaBoom 

Message 5 of 10 (562 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Oh, definitely!  If there are only a few large lots and one of them has huge gardens it tends to turn the neighborhood green, yes.  I moved my gardener and her wife into Oakenstead with her garden and with no other actions on my part it turned her neighborhood green.

Message 6 of 10 (510 Views)

★ Expert

As a person who also doesn't like mansions, here are some options I have for your large lots:

~ Shopping centres

~ Museums

~ National parks

~ Huge gardens will all fruits/veg/flowers/herbs

~ Launderettes

~ Cinemas

~ Theaters

~ Stadiums

~ Photgrahy studios

~ If you are the type of person who has sim aging on (or kills your sims), graveyards

~ If you have the seasons pack, you could use the lot for rollerskating rings and or ice skating rings since it can be hard to find them naturally occuring

~ If you use cheats, you could also put food stalls on them so your sims can learn new food recipies or just have access to specific food stalls that aren't always available

~ If you have the pets pack, you could build pet meetups with all the agility training equipment, toys, etc

~ If the local area is struggling to reach a particular footprint, you could add a bunch of footprint effecting objects to help it

those are the ones I can think of currently but overall, large plots have a lot of potential for world building, even if you don't use them for housing!

Message 7 of 10 (485 Views)

★ Guide
@Idiosyncratic53 All great suggestions! I love community lots. My sims are really active away from home and I wish there was an actual sports arena or some kind of team sport they could play. I think I'll go for one of the rinks, I don't have one in a permanent location.
I recently built a pool lot that looks like a hotel but the rooms feature other activities like pub activities and the "check in" is a more like a movie and popcorn hang out. Plus we have basketball out back. So a skate rink would be fun! Thank you!!
Message 8 of 10 (467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Expert

@wahini2024There's a mod called The Sims 4 Turbo Careers Mod Pack which gives you more options to follow your sims to work and includes the athlete career so you could build a stadium/professional gym which you can then follow your sims to during work hours if you got the mod

Message 9 of 10 (445 Views)

★ Guide
@Idiosyncratic53 Oh that's awesome, thank you! I'd love to have more career options in general as we try to play each career including the various paths and are fully running out of new jobs to explore. Totally check this out, thanks!
Message 10 of 10 (417 Views)