Laptops for the Sims 4 available in UK

by AbiNavy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Laptops for the Sims 4 available in UK

★★ Novice

Hi, 

I am not the best with laptops or computers.  Hoping someone will be able to help. 

I'm looking for a new laptop, something I can play the Sims 4 on (and Minecraft) with no issues.  My current laptop is not good at all. 

I have all the expansion packs on the Sims 4 - I don't know if that is relevant when looking into a laptop to buy. 

I've been looking at:

Acer Aspire 5 A515-56G 

Buy ACER Aspire 5 A515-56G 15.6" Laptop - Intel® Core™ i5, 512 GB SSD, Silver | Free Delivery | Curr...

I was looking to spend no more than £700 - hopefully less if I can, but I don't really want any lagging when playing etc etc. 

Thanks, any help is very much appreciated. 

Message 1 of 6 (614 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Laptops for the Sims 4 available in UK

[ Edited ]

@AbiNavy  That laptop is fine, but you could do somewhat better for your money if you wanted.  An Nvidia 1650 is more than twice as fast as the MX350 in the laptop you linked, which is the difference between medium-high and ultra graphics settings.  There aren't many gaming laptops that don't look like gaming laptops, but as an example, this is also an Acer Aspire:

https://www.box.co.uk/NH.Q8LEK.001-Acer-Aspire-7-Gaming-A715-41G_2934861.html

The only disadvantage is that its hard drive is smaller, but 256 GB is still more than enough space for all Sims 4 packs, plenty of mods and custom content, Minecraft, and whatever other small apps you'd want to install.  Where space might get a little tight is if you wanted to install another medium or large game.

This Lenovo has the same specs as the Acer above except for a slightly better processor for gaming:

https://ao.com/product/81lk01pruk-lenovo-ideapad-l34015irh-laptop-black-81658-251.aspx

If you have more questions, please feel free to ask.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 5 of 6 (566 Views)

All Replies

★ Guide

@AbiNavy Hi, it does sound ok to run a sims game on, but i would before buying chat to one of the onscreen assistants to make sure it is compatible.  Or phone which ever is easiest. I cant find if its a 64bit.  On the details.  Here is a link with all the info you need when choosing a computer to run the game. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/READ-FIRST-Make-sure-you-meet-minimum-requirements-PC-... Hope this helps.  Please tag back if you need more help.

Message 2 of 6 (605 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks for replying so quickly, really appreciate it @TGamez1 I've looked on the specs for what is needed for the Sims 4 before, but if I'm being honest I have no idea what any of it means.

I only found the Acer Aspire 5, by going on sooo many websites and it being a recommended one.  

I don't really fancy a 'gaming' laptop per se, because I still do emails, shopping, use microsoft office etc etc (plus I think they look ugly haha). 

My current laptop has intel i3 and I know thats not good enough - hindsight doesn't help me much now though haha. 

Thanks Standard smile

Message 3 of 6 (601 Views)

★ Guide

@AbiNavy Yes this one is ok to run the game on, i found out it is a 64bit, and it has all the recommended specs you need.  If you like it to buy, its ok.

Message 4 of 6 (583 Views)

[ Edited ]

@AbiNavy  That laptop is fine, but you could do somewhat better for your money if you wanted.  An Nvidia 1650 is more than twice as fast as the MX350 in the laptop you linked, which is the difference between medium-high and ultra graphics settings.  There aren't many gaming laptops that don't look like gaming laptops, but as an example, this is also an Acer Aspire:

https://www.box.co.uk/NH.Q8LEK.001-Acer-Aspire-7-Gaming-A715-41G_2934861.html

The only disadvantage is that its hard drive is smaller, but 256 GB is still more than enough space for all Sims 4 packs, plenty of mods and custom content, Minecraft, and whatever other small apps you'd want to install.  Where space might get a little tight is if you wanted to install another medium or large game.

This Lenovo has the same specs as the Acer above except for a slightly better processor for gaming:

https://ao.com/product/81lk01pruk-lenovo-ideapad-l34015irh-laptop-black-81658-251.aspx

If you have more questions, please feel free to ask.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 5 of 6 (567 Views)

★★ Novice

Thanks @puzzlezaddict for replying. 

Thats really helpful. I'll definitely look at those two laptops and hopefully get one. Thanks for the recommendations Standard smile Standard smile

Message 6 of 6 (548 Views)