Re: Why can't I play The Sims 4 in English?

by zoolpher

Original Post

Language change

★★★ Novice

Hello.

I bought the SIMS 4 game a few months ago in Poland. Only after a while i realised, i can not change the language to English. 

After some research, I found out about the region lock.

I want to complain and I want you to do something about it!

I understand, that when I buy this game in Poland, i can't pla it in let's say French or German. 

But the fact, that I can't play the game in it's original language is just ridiculous!!!

And this is not only my opinion! It really takes few minutes of research to realize, how many people want to play this game in English. Most of the contect surrounding sims 4 is in English, when you do streams about new updates, packs or whatever we - the sims community - have to know English to understand what you are saying. 

I hope this we'll open a conversation and we'll do something about it! 

My best regards.

Message 1 of 3 (374 Views)

Why can't I play The Sims 4 in English?

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi! Could you please consider making English an optional language to play The Sims 4 in for all locations? The game is made in English so I don't see how that could be a problem. Apart from people simply wanting to play in English, there are people living in foreign countries who don't speak the native language, for example here in Poland you can only play in Polish, Russian or Czech. Please add English to the list.

Message 2 of 3 (298 Views)

Re: Why can't I play The Sims 4 in English?

★★★ Newbie

I agree with you.  I did some research and the language spoken in Sims 4 is called Simlish and it's the default language.  There is actually lessons to teach you how to speak Simlish and understand what the characters are saying.

Message 3 of 3 (189 Views)