by crinrict

Original Post

[LAUNDRY LIST] Unfortunate implications of Hates Children + Dazed

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim ask a Sim with the Hates Children trait to Try for Baby; repeat with the Hates Children Sim in the Dazed mood.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Hates Children Sim will (sometimes) agree to Try for Baby while in the Dazed mood.
What do you expect to see? I realize that this is intended behavior, and not a bug. However, this aspect of the Hates Children trait seems to echo serious real-life issues a bit too closely. While I'm certain this was not the intention, it feels as though The Sims 4 has added elements of date * by allowing a Sim to convince a Sim who does not want kids to try for a baby if the Sim is intoxicated (in the Dazed mood). I just don't feel like complicated issues of consent while intoxicated belong in The Sims 4.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I believe this aspect of the Hates Children trait was added in the 3/23/21 patch.

Again, I understand that this is not a bug, but I think this aspect of the Hates Children trait should be reconsidered.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 17 (14,215 Views)

Re: Unfortunate implications of Hates Children + Dazed

Hero
@paradoxiKay Moving to GD as feedback as you say yourself it's not a bug

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 17 (14,169 Views)

★★ Guide

Let me get my partner drunk (or beat them) so that I can sabotage their birth control seemed like a good idea to the devs? Is that something you all do in your day to day life? Or just something you think is funny for a game?

Message 3 of 17 (14,141 Views)

★★★ Pro

This combo is really bad decision. It should remove, and the hate children trait should never agree to make a baby (If the player do not play the Sim). So, the player can still force parenthood and the trait is still meaningful. I really hope the Devs remove this combo.

Message 4 of 17 (13,937 Views)

★★ Guide

Nice sly edit EA:

Hates Children     

Sims with the Hates Children trait are very unreceptive to being asked to ‘Try for Baby’.

https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/amp/news/sims-411-recap-4-27-2021

Hates Children

• Asking a Hates Children Sim to ‘Try For Baby’ has no chance of success unless the Sim is Dazed.

https://simsvip.com/2021/04/29/the-sims-4-official-sims-411-recap/

Removing it from your 411 notes doesn't remove it from the game.

Message 5 of 17 (13,860 Views)

★ Guide

This needs to be removed from the game. Immediately. And you need to own this. That you put this in the game is unfathomable but to then try to cover up what you did? You should all be ashamed of yourselves. We will make this go viral if we have to. Take this out now!

Message 6 of 17 (13,777 Views)

Wow...WOW.....

★★★ Novice

Remember when games were fun and didn't feel the need to include uncomfortable subjects like non-consensual intercourse? Yes, this is realistic, but this is also one of those parts of reality that a reasonable game developer/publisher would omit in the name of player comfort and enjoyment.

If that wasn't enough reason already, consider that the vast majority of Sims players are women. We deal with this in our everyday life, and it sucks when you try to play a game to escape the ugliness that real life often is only to have it shoved back in your consciousness again. Maybe you don't care about that, but you'll start to care when people boycott the game over your lack of sense. Way to alienate your playerbase.

Of all the things you could have included in an update that would have improved gameplay as a whole (many of which players have been begging for years to no avail), -this- was what you thought was worth devoting time and development money to? If this is a taste of what Sims 5 is going to be like, count me out.

Message 7 of 17 (13,720 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I honestly can't believe this is even a feature! Children also play this game. What sort of message is that sending to them? There is no angle from which this looks good.

Message 8 of 17 (13,426 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Hero

Just wanted to leave this tweet here:

https://twitter.com/TheSims/status/1388482458866360323

Looks like they're going to change it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 9 of 17 (13,390 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Paradoxikay, being able to torture and kill sims without their consent is okay though? Horrid! Those sims did not consent to be killed just like real life people. Sims cheating on their spouse? That other spouse did not consent to that. Devastation right there if that was real life. oh well. 

Message 10 of 17 (12,560 Views)