Re: Kill an NPC without mods?

by unseenlarks

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Kill an NPC without mods?

★★★ Novice

My sim had a baby with a random guy, and when the baby aged up the father started coming into the house uninvited. I couldn't ask him to leave and he was acting like he lived there. 

After a bit of googling I found out that it's a common issue and that there is no fix (the father is just going to keep coming back) so I decided to kill him, except he won't die? I built a fence around him with no doors so he would starve, but he's been in there for four days and is still alive. He hasn't peed himself of passed out yet, either. He stinks and sometimes complains about being dirty, but he doesn't seem hungry.

My sim is a vampire and I tried to use the "deprive needs - hunger" power, which makes him yell about being hungry for a second, but then he just stands there. I can do it several times without him starving. 

What do I do? How do I get rid of this guy? My sim lives in an apartment so I can't build a pool. I've tried to start a fire next to his prison (cheap oven, low cooking skill, leaving the cake in there) but nothing happens. 

Message 1 of 9 (41,077 Views)

Accepted Solution

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @jorgen0412 

You can edit 'anyone' in the world.. even townies, that have 'no home'. But it may seem that you just want to literally 'kill' them (easy enough to 'play' the character sim you want to use those cheats with, via manage world > manage households as well)  but if all else fails.. just go to manage world type the cheat cas.fulleditmode then click to see 'all households' whether in world or not.. you can then click to edit them in cas and follow the rest of my tips in the other post. 

manage households 1.JPG<< the image to click first is the one with the two 'heads' with a pen as well..

Now go to the next menu and sort alphabetically or whatever is easiest to find the sim.

When you get to the correct household with the sim.. just click the 'pen' icon (or the 'bin' to delete the whole household) > it will take you to cas to then delete the sim. Hope it helps any way.

manage households 2.JPG

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (42,173 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

you can kill them with cheats. here's a list i found.

You can't immediately kill your sim, but adding these following buffs might help:

Death by Repair
Add this buff then have your sim try fixing items around the house.

sims.add_buff buff_Death_Electrocution_Warning

Death by Exhaustion
Add this buff and your sim might die immediately. If not, try working out. This doesn't always work as the workout options will gray out.

sims.add_buff buff_Death_ElderExhaustion_Warning

Death by Embarrassment

Fairly effective, should cause death within 5 hours if not remedied.

sims.add_buff Buff_Mortified

Death by Hunger

100% 24-hour death.

sims.add_buff Buff_Motives_Hunger_Starving

Death by Fire

15% chance of combustion each time you enter the cheat. Copy-paste until ignited.
Note: Requires Get To Work Expansion

stats.set_stat commodity_Buff_BurningLove_StartFire 7

Message 2 of 9 (40,971 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @jorgen0412  

I had a similar problem.. (and he was extremely old.. with a young sim girl.. eeww!) Just go to 'manage worlds' (btw: make sure at least cas.fulleditmode is on first..) then find the 'character' via > manage households > edit in cas > delete character / sim with the x. You'll be asked to confirm, and boom they're gone..

Hope this helps..

Sasha

nb: If this solves your question, please mark the reply as having been the solution, so as to help others with a similar problem in the future. Standard smile

I have no connection to EA

Message 3 of 9 (41,026 Views)

★★★ Novice
I found those cheats too, but as far as i understood you have to control the sim you want to kill. I don't have control over the NPC
Message 4 of 9 (40,998 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi @jorgen0412 

You can edit 'anyone' in the world.. even townies, that have 'no home'. But it may seem that you just want to literally 'kill' them (easy enough to 'play' the character sim you want to use those cheats with, via manage world > manage households as well)  but if all else fails.. just go to manage world type the cheat cas.fulleditmode then click to see 'all households' whether in world or not.. you can then click to edit them in cas and follow the rest of my tips in the other post. 

manage households 1.JPG<< the image to click first is the one with the two 'heads' with a pen as well..

Now go to the next menu and sort alphabetically or whatever is easiest to find the sim.

When you get to the correct household with the sim.. just click the 'pen' icon (or the 'bin' to delete the whole household) > it will take you to cas to then delete the sim. Hope it helps any way.

manage households 2.JPG

Message 5 of 9 (42,174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

i'm sorry. add them to the household first.

(edit: i just noticed that @Sashas0nic gave you an answer. please disregard everything i wrote!)

Message 6 of 9 (40,956 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I really need to kill an NPC because I need to be able to watch a sim die, but I don't want to kill off any one in the house hold. Is there a way to kill a NPC?

Message 7 of 9 (14,239 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

if you have seasons and a house (not apartment) it's pretty easy, actually. build a fenced-in outdoor area (maybe with a pool in it or add the pool later). wait for the sim to arrive during winter. lure them into the "pool" area (you don't even need get your sim to swim, just get the target near it or build the pool after they're already inside). lock them inside the fenced in area. wait. eventually they will put on swimwear and freeze to death. this is the fastest cheat-free, mod-free method I've been able to find. Thumbs up

Message 8 of 9 (12,451 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there,

Since this is an older post that was inactive for quite a while I am going to lock it to prevent further necro-posting. 

If you need some help with a similar issue please feel free to create a new thread. Thanks! 

Kent.png
Message 9 of 9 (12,414 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help