Kid sims shush crying baby repeatedly, blocking adult sims from caring for baby

by Primexetium

Original Post

Kid sims shush crying baby repeatedly, blocking adult sims from caring for baby

★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? None, just base game
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Have a kid sim in the lot 2. Have a crying baby in the lot 3. Try to fix the crying baby's issue
What happens when the bug occurs? Kids keep shushing the baby and won't allow adult sims to interact with the baby to feed it/ care for it.
What do you expect to see? I expect kids to not constantly keep shushing the baby to the point where my sim's bottle feed action keeps getting canceled and the baby is taken away for neglect.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Whenever I have a baby who is crying within the vicinity of a kid sim. The kid sim will automatically go interact with the baby over and over trying to shush it or whatever, even when I cancel the action. This causes my adult/ teenager sims to be unable to reach the baby and interact with it to stop it from crying and it also cancels the actions whenever I try to do so. I always have to end up locking doors so that only my adult/ teen sims can go in to take care of the baby because otherwise its impossible for me to take care of the baby. This can also happen with sims that visit the lot. They don't help at all and just shush the crying baby, canceling my "Bottle feed" or "Change dirty diaper" interactions, however I've mostly had the issue with kids, especially if there's more than one in the household.

Message 1 of 2 (479 Views)

Re: Kid sims shush crying baby repeatedly, blocking adult sims from caring for b

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

Yeah, if you’re visiting a lot the baby gets taken away for neglect, but you can’t get to your own baby because of the massive herd of children and NPCs rushing to wring their hands stupidly over the crib.

Message 2 of 2 (293 Views)