Re: Just good friends?

by crinrict

Original Post

Just good friends?

★★★★ Guide

One of my active sims is doing the Soulmate aspiration, and I've run into a problem with the Love Handler set of goals. I assume it's a glitch, but honestly with this game I'm not sure what is or isn't intentional anymore. The goal in question is to achieve soulmate relationship, which I believe I should have but the game isn't showing it. The sim and their spouse seem to have a maxed out relationship for both friendship and romance, yet if I look at their profiles it just says "just good friends" which to my understanding is really low for romance.

I also feel like the game had previously given me credit for the goal, though my memory is awful and maybe I'm just thinking of another sim. Is this a glitch, or just some weird intentional thing that I don't know about? To my knowledge if sims have a friendship of between 60 and 100 (which my sims are clearly within that range) and a romance level of -10 to 10 (which my sims are clearly well beyond that range) you would be "just good friends" so I have no idea what's going on.

I'll include a screenshot to show the relationship levels along with the status. Also if it matters, I'm playing on Xbox One with only the Kids Room Stuff pack and whatever the latest game version is. I also didn't put this in the bug report section because as I said I really don't know what is or isn't a bug anymore.

Message 1 of 7 (1,163 Views)

Hero
@valohim666 There's two bug reports that could be what you're seeing:

- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Sims-can-t-become-soulmates/td-p/7905918
- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Married-sims-who-have-been-best-friends-for-a-while-remain-as/...

The later is even lower relationship though.

When you check the profile, what relationship statuses are you getting there ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (1,140 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Thank you for the links. The first one is definitely relevant since I can't seem to get to soulmate status, and even though the relationship status of the second link isn't the same it still seems to be the same overall type of issue. Looking at the links and reading some of the comments, it almost seems like the relationship status has a chance to not change with the relationship value though I could be completely wrong. I mean some are reporting that using various methods to basically reset the relationship will help correct things, which leads me to believe that sometimes the status just gets stuck.

As for the status on the profiles, both sims show  "just good friends", "best friends" and "spouse" under the relationship tab. Unfortunately I don't know if they've been any different since the marriage, because I didn't bother checking the profiles until after I noticed that the aspiration goal wouldn't trigger.

Message 3 of 7 (1,129 Views)

Hero
@valohim666 Old status usually don't get remove when you gain new ones so if you at any point used the ask to just be friends option, maybe it's coming from there ?

Since your maxes in relationship, it's very possible that you have the soulmate issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (1,119 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Since you didn't specifically mention using that interaction between the two problematic sims I'll assume that's what you mean, but in case that isn't what you meant would using that interaction at all on any other sims cause the issue? I ask because I've never used that between the problematic sims, but one of the two sims did have to use it twice on other sims after the game decided it would be a good idea for her to autonomously use the enchanting introduction.

And yeah it certainly seems that's what I'm dealing with. I've tried some of the more simple things that can help with problems, like reloading the lot or restarting the game, but unfortunately they're still just good friends. Kinda wish I wasn't playing on Xbox now, because problems like this are typically much easier to deal with on computer lol.

Completely off topic here, but do you know of any reason why a sim would only eat quick meals? One of the sims I'm already having issues with just will not autonomously cook when hungry. I can manually select for them to cook, though if I let the autonomy do its thing they will only go for quick meals. I thought it might be something to do with likes and dislikes, maybe she didn't like cooking, but she's neutral and cooking isn't a like or a dislike.

Message 5 of 7 (1,086 Views)

Hero
@valohim666 I did mean between the two problematic Sim. It shouldn't be on their relationship when you used it on another Sim.

Not sure what other interactions can cause that status. I mean they are also best friends and spouse, so I think it should show best friends.

There used to be a bug with quick meals: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-Excessive-autonomous-food-preparation/td-p/9724949 but that got fixed a while back. You don't have SE, right ? It could be a lifestyle thing but those are only part of that pack.

Maybe try making her like cooking ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (1,071 Views)

★★★★ Guide

@crinrict Thanks for clarifying, I figured I'd at least ask since there are so many weird things that can go wrong in this game lol. If it gets to a point where the relationship status starts to bother me too much I'll probably just try those cheats that were mentioned in the links you provided, or if I really want the Companion trait I could just cheat that in too. I think for now though I might just ignore it since it really doesn't impact anything other than that aspiration, though it does stink that it can glitch like that.

Oh no please don't remind me of that glitch, that one was really annoying lol. Pretty sure I have at least one post in that topic too. Luckily this time around my sim isn't obsessively cooking meals then ignoring them for the quick ones. But yeah all I have is the base game and Kids Room Stuff, so it can't be a lifestyle thing. I will try and add cooking to the likes and see what happens, thank you for suggesting that. Plus if nothing else, the Forever Full trait will certainly solve things... though just in a different way.

Message 7 of 7 (1,059 Views)