Re: Just Figured Out the Name of the Mermaid Girl in Island Living

by PugLove888

Original Post

★★★ Expert

@AprilTheSimmer96 Yeah there are probably things you can do to increase the odds of being abducted, but outside of mods I don't think there is any way to 100% prevent the abductions unless you use the satellite dish and stay on your home lot from 10 pm to 4 am every night. My Sims aren't even interested in being friends with those creepy pollinators let alone date one & there's no way I want to keep them home every night. I remember a thread from a while back where one player had her elder male Sim get abducted 3 times in just a few days with at least one pregnancy. I usually play female Sims so I don't have to worry about the pregnancy thing like your Maui, but females can still get abducted. I can use MCCC to prevent all of it, but on XBox you'd have to take your chances with this pack.

Message 21 of 27 (445 Views)

★★★ Guide
@RandomBuzziness Yeah, I don't know if I'll get it either due to the whole abduction thing. Unless I move my Sims to one of the Generic lots I have and get the satellite for them in each lot (since I download lots from the Gallery and use them as vacation homes if they're houses). ☺️

But it'll be a LONG time before I get close to having all the packs, and GW might be the last one on my list to get, too. Maybe. If there's something in it that changes my mind. Or I just might get it, I'm not sure yet. 🤨
Message 22 of 27 (441 Views)
Highlighted

Champion

@AprilTheSimmer96 , it doesn't have to be a romantic relationship for the increased chance of an alien abduction, as any friendship will do (and it is possible mere acquaintance status might also help) . Most of my abductions have been only after becoming friends with an Alien with no romance. I do not know of any increased chances from an Alien romance over just a friendship.  It is possible, but I've never heard of it.  

@RandomBuzziness , I did not know that you could get abducted from a venue at night! Disappointed All my abductions have been from home! Raised eyebrow Granted I play a lot of families in my game and prefer to spend my time at their home , but even with packs like City Living where I spend a lot of time at venues (especially when that pack first came out) I never had an abduction on a public lot! Wondering  Thanks for the information! 😎
And strange enough, all babies from Alien pregnancies are 100% Alien and not a hybrid, unlike if you make an Alien and a Human in CAS, or have a Human and Alien meet in game and get married. I can see how you see them as creepy, but I always thought of it as like the Sims who end up alien pregnant agreed to the experiment and those who don't come back pregnant declined the offer. I think I got this idea from Close Encounters of the Third Kind movie (although that movie has nothing to do with alien pregnancies.).  So this was always my first thought about it. 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 23 of 27 (408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@AprilTheSimmer96 The alien abduction thing is only a very small part of what otherwise looks like a pretty cool pack & after doing some looking around on the forums I see there are work-around methods of avoiding them even without the Satellite Dish or mods. If your Sim starts to "investigate the strange light" you can try cancelling the interaction or if that does not work you can shift + click your Sim and select Reset Sim. I just have this weird phobia about alien abductions in general. When I was a kid I was playing Sims Bustin' Out and the first time my Sim got abducted I freaked out so bad I probably didn't play that game for a week! xD I thought my Sim was gone forever. Anyhow, that is only part of the reason I haven't yet bought Get to Work. Everyone has different styles of playing, and though this pack might be a very good match for lots of Simmers (many players rank it near the top of their list), it's just not a very good match for mine. Also, my priority has always been to get packs with the largest amount of lots to build & create on-- Get to Work has a lot of game-play features but not so much for new lots to build on. Still, it's the last EP I haven't got yet and some of the CAS and Build/Buy items look very tempting. I will add it sooner or later.

@PugLove888 The first time one of my Sims got abducted I was more picturing "Fire in the Sky" than Close Encounters xD

Message 24 of 27 (382 Views)

★★★ Guide
@RandomBuzziness Thanks for the tips! 😊 You too @PugLove888. 😉 Also the first time my Sim got abducted was in Sims 2 for DS. Every time the Sim gets abducted though the screen goes black after the green beam brings him/her up and the screen goes black and they're back at the Manager's Suite. ☺️

Though they do have a weird walk after being abducted (think of it as a Sim in Sims 4 having to pee, it kinda looks like that but their feet are a bit closer together), and it's slower than their normal walk. 🤨 But I always pull out the Super Drencher (a water gun you spray the aliens invading Strangetown with in the game) so she can walk at normal speed or even run. ☺️

Every time I see that walk though I think (and joke to myself) that they did something else to her other than abducting her. 😆 If you want me to look for a video of what an abduction in Sims 2 for DS looks like I can show you, though. 😉 Unless you don't want to see it. ☺️
Message 25 of 27 (369 Views)

★★★ Expert

@AprilTheSimmer96 Whoa... I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say based on their reactions, the Sims in Sims 2 did NOT enjoy their Close Encounter of the Third kind! O_o

Message 26 of 27 (347 Views)

★★★ Guide
@RandomBuzziness Haven't been on here in a while, sorry. And I agree, they probably did not. 😆 Though luckily the guests at the hotel don't get abducted, it's just the player's Sim if they're hit by Emperor Xizzle's (the main alien) ray gun thing. ☺️
Message 27 of 27 (305 Views)