Re: Just Figured Out the Name of the Mermaid Girl in Island Living

by PugLove888

Original Post

Highlighted

Champion

@AprilTheSimmer96 , just be careful! Disappointed I don't know if such an app is a legitimate one or a scam.Shocked  I wouldn't want you do get scammed just so you could afford a Sims pack! Devil

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 11 of 27 (430 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PugLove888 Don't worry, I found a website that mentioned it as an app where you can either add the money to PayPal or use it to get e-gift cards (the site was one which tells you apps to get free Xbox cards). 😉

But if it is a scam I will be giving it a 1-Star review on the Play Store and reporting it. ☺️

Also thanks for your concern, and I will make sure to be careful. 😊 I'll probably look up tomorrow if the app is a scam. ☺️

Also the app is called Survey Junkie. I edited the name out of my original post mentioning the survey app since I didn't want to seem like I was advertising it (even though I added in that I wasn't advertising nor trying to advertise it). 😉 Because honestly I don't want people to think I'm advertising when I'm not. 😅
Message 12 of 27 (426 Views)

★★★ Expert

@AprilTheSimmer96 Have you signed up for the Microsoft Rewards program? You'd have to check to see if it's available in your area. It's free and it's definitely legit. You earn points by doing Internet searches on Bing (something I was already doing anyway), plus there are daily quizzes, polls, etc., that all earn points you can redeem for things like XBox gift cards, Amazon gift cards, many more. I have bought a large number of my game packs using these reward points. I even bought City Living for my sister last month using Microsoft Rewards.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20538/microsoft-account-about-rewards

bing rewards.JPG

It took a lot of patience & waiting for sales but I have all of the EP's except for Get to Work. I hope this can work out for you too.

P.S. I don't think this counts as advertising? It's a free service and they're not selling anything here & Sims 4 is an XBox game.

Message 13 of 27 (413 Views)

★★★ Guide
@RandomBuzziness Okay thanks! 😊 I've looked up how to get free Xbox cards once and saw that and didn't know it was free. ☺️ Thanks so much for the info! 😊 I'll use that then. ☺️
Message 14 of 27 (407 Views)

Champion

@RandomBuzziness , that is a fantastic idea!  I'd give you 2 XP if I could! Large smile

Message 15 of 27 (393 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@PugLove888Yeah, I would too, honestly. ☺️

I've made another save since on my Xbox One's Rewards app there is a thing where you can complete an achievement (I'm guessing once a day) and you can get points for that, but I tried getting the Basketcase achievement with the Mental Upheaval ice cream but my Sims get a Happy moodlet (it's 4 hours I believe) because I saved them to my Library to use in my new save (so they kept all their skills and traits and obviously Maui kept his Bodybuilder job and my Sim's still self-employed) and my plan for that failed. 😆

Also tried getting the Channel Surfer achievement but that failed too. But I searched and found something (I think on this forum or the other one, I think it was the other one) that probably will solve the problem for me. I read once you have all the stations (for TV and radio, which both my Sims have since they still had the traits from their completed Aspirations that I used cheats to complete in my main save), you have to have them watch/listen to one, cancel the action, then repeat with the others. And I'm going to try that tomorrow. ☺️

Also I have 250 points so far. 😉 Gonna be a very long time to reach my goal of getting that $25.00 Xbox gift card though (which is 25,000 points). 😆 But it'll be worth it once I get there. Then Island Living, here I come! 😁 Also I have the $25.00 card set as my goal, too (in case you're wondering). ☺️ 

EDIT: Oops, just checked and I actually have 105 points. My bad. 😆

Message 16 of 27 (382 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Expert

@AprilTheSimmer96 I'm not sure if we are talking about the same program here. The one I use is Microsoft Rewards and I get points for doing Internet searches, taking quizzes, voting on daily polls, stuff like that. As far as I know, mine has nothing to do with XBox achievements. There are bonuses for participating X number of days in a row. I usually earn between 6000 and 7000 points a month. I've been gradually adding Sims 4 content for the last year and a half & I use these points to supplement my gaming budget. Now I have all of the expansion packs except for one & that's by choice-- I don't like for my Sims to get abducted by aliens so no Get to Work for me (I might change my mind about this some day).

Message 17 of 27 (355 Views)

Champion

@RandomBuzziness , in Get to Work there is a Satellite that you can use to prevent abductions.  Normally you would get it by joining the scientist career and then eventually learning how to make the satellite, but you can also get it with a cheat! Wink  And since you use Mods there might be a mod that allows you to prevent abductions without having to get the satellite.  It would be worth looking into! 😀

Message 18 of 27 (340 Views)

★★★ Expert

@PugLove888 I really hated those alien abductions in earlier Sims games. Like hated them to the point where I would stop doing any activities that had a chance of triggering the abduction. In older games that meant maybe just not using a telescope (no big deal) but in Sims 4 it's just from being outside at night! The satellite dish only works on residential lots and my Sims love to travel to other venues at night. MCCC/MC Occult will shut the abductions down completely but I worry about relying 100% on a mod for something like this. So my choices so far have been to change how I play the game or to put up with the risk of alien abductions, or to not buy the pack. I'd love it if there was a way to opt out in the game settings like there are for some of the other EP's. Someday I might change my mind and take my chances with MCCC.

Message 19 of 27 (311 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@RandomBuzzinessYeah I have the Bing app so I can search on Bing and get points and I have done a quiz and a poll. Also the Rewards app on my Xbox One X has punch cards where you can do whatever's on them to earn points (like one punch card had "Donate" on it where you could use points to donate but all I had to do was just press A on it to get to the donation screen then press B to exit and I still got the points from it). ☺️

Also about Get to Work, I read that alien abductions have a better chance of happening if you have any kind of relationship with the aliens, if I remember correctly. I think I was reading an article on Carl's Sims 4 Guide (I think it was his "Secrets in The Sims 4" guide). And I think once I read somewhere that if you have a romantic relationship with an alien, that could increase your Sim's chances of being abducted. ☺️ So maybe I should watch a video on YouTube or look up how to prevent abductions from happening 100% because I also don't want my male Sims getting abducted (especially Maui, because I don't think he'd look good pregnant). 😅

But maybe someday I'll make a male Sim or use one of the townies and have them get abducted. Idk. 😆

Message 20 of 27 (307 Views)