Original Post

Accepted Solution

Items disappearing in my house

★★★★★ Newbie

Game: Sims 4

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? I'm not sure how to find out sorry, the most recent update
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansion packs, dine out, vampires, realm of magic, tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just place items and see if they disappear 
What happens when the bug occurs? 
Furniture I place in my house e.g. countertop/bedside table, just disappear. 

They don't show up in household inventory and there's no items there at all, they just disappear

What do you expect to see? Items disappear 
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Most recent update

Furniture I place in my house e.g. countertop/bedside table, just disappear. 

They don't show up in household inventory and there's no items there at all, they just disappear.

One of my kitchen counters literally disappeared right in front of me.

I'm really confused why this is happening and I've tried to fix it but I'm not sure what to do.

I don't use any mods at all, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 7 (10,679 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Items disappearing in my house

★★★ Novice

Hey, do you have the sharing is caring NAP from eco lifestyle currently enabled? It allows sims to go into your house and literally take anything. I kept losing my sink and kitchen countertops and random items in my house. I realized it was due to this N.A.P. Hope this helps!

View in thread

Message 2 of 7 (10,659 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Hey, do you have the sharing is caring NAP from eco lifestyle currently enabled? It allows sims to go into your house and literally take anything. I kept losing my sink and kitchen countertops and random items in my house. I realized it was due to this N.A.P. Hope this helps!

Message 2 of 7 (10,660 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

OH my god im so stupid, this is literally what it is.

Haha thank you so much I'm actually stupid !

Message 3 of 7 (10,655 Views)

★★ Guide
@ajbat849 I had this happen last night when I had just bought the game. I always play "unmodded" at first (to test it out). As I watched, an item *from my inventory* suddenly disappeared. It was a cowplant seed. I've noticed that many other items such as that have also disappeared suddenly. (And in watching some of the EA GameChangers play, they've mentioned it too.)

The only NAPs in my game are the eco ones. I had heard that "Sharing and Caring" might do that so I made sure *not* to have that in my game.

I had also heard that having certain traits might make the Sims sell their own stuff, but my Sim has Good, Creative and Genius (and "fast learner") as her traits, which I doubt would do anything like that.

I have all the EP/GP/SPs except Spooky Stuff. And this was happening with no mods (and the localthumbcache.package had been deleted before I downloaded the game.)
Message 4 of 7 (10,590 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

k

Message 5 of 7 (10,011 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem !! Please, help me.

Message 6 of 7 (9,577 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with The Sims 4, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 7 of 7 (9,490 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help