Re: Item Limit

by MaxThrottler

Original Post

Item Limit

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Why is it not stated anywhere that there is an item limit. I’m going to make sure to make a comment regarding how to be careful and not to invest too much money into this game as you can not even fit an unlimited amount/until you actually run out of physical space. It is very un fair as there is a large amount of small in game items which i imagine take up one of your item limits so it doesn’t even make up for the fact that not every item in your house is the same size. I have a fairly big house I have been working on and hit the item limit so I am forced to have a bunch of items in my inventory not being used/wasted. (I have recently cleared some items to make room for more things/am working on a land expansion which I do not need. It won’t even let you change your floor/paint if your item limit is exceeded? How does that make sense?) How am I suppose to enjoy the game if the whole point of this game is basically expanding your house and collecting items. This really bothers me since you guys come out with so many new items I want to collect them all and have most on display but no. I reallly do not want to delete this game since I enjoy it so much but this might be an issue. My player ID is [CM - removed]

Message 1 of 9 (1,590 Views)

It's a bit how you look at it.
I keep it close to real life, I have a smaller build where I change the items I show every now and again. 
As in real life, I don't have all the decorations I have out at the same time. I might get a new table or chairs. Or even change the function of a room. 

If you want to build big and have all kinds of items out I'd suggest The Sims 4 for PC/Mac or console. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 9 (1,576 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Really? Way to go if you want to let down players. Go play another game... And don't forget your wallet. I understood it as I have percieved the issue too, the game is misleading in this respect.
Message 3 of 9 (1,482 Views)

It's good to not forget that you're playing a smartphone. It's not a computer or laptop with a strong graphics card and lots of processing power.
It asks a lot from a device to run games like these, to show the objects and your Sims moving around doing actions, and what you're doing on the screen. On my end this all goes so smoothly, it never once crashed the game, it never lags. Where in The Sims 4 running the game on a weaker system would cause the game to lag and crash with a big build with lots of items in them.

The Sims Mobile runs graphically smooth and responsive and on my screen, it isn't pixelated at all.
I think having a nice looking app that is running smoothly is a nice trade-off for having fewer items in my Sims house. This is just my opinion though.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 9 (1,473 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Um... I am playing on PC. So now what.

Message 5 of 9 (1,112 Views)

Hero
@Crowynne4587 What game is your question about?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 6 of 9 (1,102 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was responding to a thread regarding item limits in the Sims 4. I am playing on PC, through Origin. I am using the build cheats.

Message 7 of 9 (1,093 Views)

Hero
@Crowynne4587 This is The Sims Mobile forum.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 8 of 9 (1,081 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there,

Since this is a pretty old thread that hasn't been updated in quite a while I am going to lock it to prevent further necro-posting. 

@Crowynne4587 If you need some help with The Sims 4 please post over at the PC Tech Support board for The Sims 4, and we can take a look. 

Thanks!

Kent.png
Message 9 of 9 (1,067 Views)