Island living bug

by hellcrasher6969

Original Post

Re: Island living bug

[ Edited ]
Champion

@hellcrasher6969 Sorry you're having some frustrations with running a Vet Clinic. I haven't played mine for a while, so I just ran mine for a good chunk of a business day to see if any of the issues you mentioned came up in my game. (My lot is called "Pet Lover Vet Clinic", I had my Sim/Vet/Clinic owner on the lot plus three other vet-employees. The clinic has not been played tons, but enough. It has a moderate star rating. The employees are not brand new but also don't have tons of experience, and are at level 2. I own all packs.

In the test in my clinic I did find a few of the issues come up that you mentioned:

All of the vets seemed to treat the animals successfully in a reasonable amount of time with two exceptions:

1. This vet examined the cat one room, lowered the table, and the cat was still sick. All of them left the room.
    Spoiler
    Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 10.11.03 PM.jpg

Then they went to another exam room, same thing happened, and they all left.
    Spoiler
    Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 10.15.36 PM.jpg
    Then I had my vet/clinic owner go over to the vet/employee and 'Criticize' her under 'Manage' options. Then she went back into that second exam room, as did that patient and cat she had just treated twice with no cured cat. This time the cat was cured, the Customer left, and all was well.
    Spoiler
    Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 10.22.20 PM.jpg
  2. The other weird thing I hadn't noticed before is one client (only one) had a dog that was cured fine by a vet, and vet left the room, but this guy was still standing in the room with his dog while other patients came and went in the other rooms. Finally I had my vet click on the customer and choose to send them a bill (I forget how it was worded).  Then money came up from them and they left. All other successfully treated patients paid automatically, I didn't have to do anything. Weird. Maybe it's a thing I missed in the past.

Tips/Things I have found Useful when running a vet clinic:

• Adding a pet treats vending machine in the lobby and a kitchenette/room where medicines can be crafted on the 'Medicine Craft-O-Matic' machine will provide income, Medicines for the machine and for the surgery and exam tables, and experience for vets you direct to make items on it. (It's an option to direct employees to do so.)
    Spoiler
    Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 10.02.11 PM.jpg
  • Purchasing, upgrading, and running a 'roomba' or two will help a great deal with pee and throw-up on the floors.
  • Paying for training, checking up on, praising and criticizing as appropriate, and giving raises/promotions for employees helps a great deal.
  • Remember that new employees may have no or very little skills for the job, and they will not do very well at first. Neither will your vet, until they have learned more.
    Note: While employees are low on experience they also generally work more slowly - as per one of your mentioned issues.
  • Carl's Guides are awesome and this one has some great tips on...
    Cats & Dogs EPhttps://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/pets/
    Vet Clinics: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/pets/veterinarian-clinic/

I also found the same issue I had on one of my retail stores I tested on about a week and a half ago... a ridiculous amount of random fighting breaking out:

The first seemed to be a grumpy customer fighting with another customer's pet:

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 10.07.03 PM.jpg

Next two customers broke out in a fight (Btw... I hovered over each and they were happy right in the middle of the fight - and they were pleasantly chatting away after the fight ended:

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 10.24.19 PM.jpg

Then a cat / patient attacked one of the vets in the waiting room (this vet is a really sweet, easy going guy):

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 10.26.51 PM.jpg

I did find one Bug Report that may be a match for one of your issues? Please read through, and if it is the same issue you're having please add your 'Me Too' at the beginning of the report.:
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TROUBLESHOOT-Pets-resetting-off-exam-tables-in-vet-career/td-p...

In your game, is the clinic one you made, downloaded from the gallery, or that came with the pack? If it's in the gallery, if you share the name of it I could test in my game.  Do you have any screenshots of the issues with blocked paths?

(CM: Edited to add spoilers for images as there's quite a few. Please click the spoiler tag to check out the screenshots shared)

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 21 of 34 (493 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My vet is level 10 my new vet are 4 and 5 its mainly the table dore a check up before you start checking animal check the stress level that can cause the animal to atack your vet but if you want your vets to do better offer them traini that will help your stars my clinic was 4 start unless you want a rush turn you machine to dont allow new customers  or you may fall behind if your vets is low level. Is your vet clinic in the gallery sheri

(CM: Multiple posts merged together. To add more to your post, use the edit button instead of adding a second/third post in a row).

Message 22 of 34 (485 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@hellcrasher6969 

This is the link to the Vet Clinic you asked for:  https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/10D529600BDD11E98F8877C0F1EC7B3C

Yes, the vending machines are awesome - for clinic owners, and for pet owners. I have my pet owners visit the vending machine and load up on 'wellness treats' and keep them in the Sim's personal inventory. Almost always when their pet is sick they can just feed one of them to it from their inventory and the pet is better at home.

In that family that I made the vet clinic for both husband and wife are vets and I think maybe maxed in the skill before I uploaded them? Anyway, I also added two of the machines to make the treats and serums into their garage and have them work on making a supply of these at home, then have them take the serums and treats to work in their inventory and add them to the vending machine in their Vet Clinic.

'Pet Lovers Family', if you have interest/need:  https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/B6F2B7AA0BED11E98CF177C0F1EC7B3C

I also had built a home for them that I could add to the gallery, if you would like it. It's in my library currently, but not in the gallery. Let me know if you want me to upload it to the gallery. It has accommodations for big and small dogs, a cat, the family, a training set in the yard, and a garage with treadmills, various crafting tables, and two machines for making the pet treats/serums.

Message 23 of 34 (463 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Got it it look very nice I might change the brick but that's all but you wont ever see me re put it up it my private use most player claims peoples work but not me does it have solor panel on her Yea I will take it if you dont mind you main vet how high is her skills

(CM: Multiple posts merged together. To add more to your post, use the edit button instead of adding a second/third post in a row).

Message 24 of 34 (454 Views)

Champion

@hellcrasher6969 "Yea I will take it if you dont mind you main vet how high is her skills"... Did that mean you want me to upload the home or that you were using the family?

Message 25 of 34 (437 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

My vet it 10 most skill it 10 but not all she's a magic ancient blood line she owns the house you got. Plus she owns a cat that she got it was a stray do you own any ancient  blood line spell casters. She not all done but most . My vets up it's called diamond  her name is destiny' diamond she got a cat in her hand call church diamond check out her traits when you do her tell me what you think of her

Message 26 of 34 (424 Views)

Champion

@hellcrasher6969 Thank you for sharing! She looks very nice - and interesting - but unfortunately I never play any of the spellcaster or vampire game aspects, aside from plants and using build items. Sorry, I wouldn't know what to do with those traits!! I'm sure that she will be enjoyed by players who do, though, and they will be happy you shared her to the gallery. Standard smile

Message 27 of 34 (467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

The trait helps her through life like champion of the people will help her rally the people she dont need sleep or eat never need showers she finds echo part in stuff the traits  will just help her you dont need to do any thing with them even know shes a spellcaster I really dont use her for magic but if you go to magic realm and become friends with the sages they will give you spells and potions  but I only use her because of her blood and skills and with her rank she can give normal sims magic u get that from pract magic sage 

She goes for daye with out sleep food or showers. Garden  skills are high ok that's cool but shes their if you want her in the future. Your clinic is sweet it almost got 5 stars but right now it's going to be a 4 star. 

Message 28 of 34 (465 Views)

Champion

@hellcrasher6969 Thank you! I'm glad it worked out well. Thanks for letting me know.

Message 29 of 34 (457 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Your clinics are doing so good I opened 3 of them 1s a 4 start the sec is a 3 star and well right now the new one in willow creek's a 2 star for now until latter thank for sharing it it's been lucky as heck I tried many but the 1 you made is pure luck that's the highest I ever saw stars on my clinics. I'm going to be opening another 1 in a different town.

I added 1 to my basement in my home so after work my girl goes home she make more treat and shot for the next 8 hour shift but I made thing easy to run the vet by bring a utility robot call the cleaning bot so my vet focus on the animals and the boy can focus on the clinic I made my girl get level 8 robotic skills the bot can be added to the inventory to be carried to the clinic and bring it home for updates it's called the cleaner bot

Someone mentioned about filling up the medication vending machine up with treats so I did wow I'm getting money every time I open my clinic I never really knew why normal sim would go to the machine when I was open and get disappointed when it was empty now I know why but the weirld part is they dont have pets that weirld mystery why do they eat them

If you want to check out the park of evergreen spruce park of the buildings roof disappearing I can put that up too up to you

Message 30 of 34 (439 Views)