Is this pc good for sims with most packs and alot of mods/CC

by ClareS_Fan

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is this pc good for sims with most packs and alot of mods/CC

★★★ Novice

I am getting my first gaming PC and i wanted to know if this is good for ts4 with lots of mods/cc and packs. If not i would like to know some PCS that can have alot of mods around the same price. https://vrlatech.com/product/vrla-tech-gaming/ 

Message 1 of 14 (2,912 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is this pc good for sims with most packs and alot of mods/CC

@ClareS_Fan  That would be perfectly fine as a Sims 4 PC, and it's a good price too.  The hardware should run Sims 4, all packs included, on ultra graphics settings now and in all likelihood for the full run of the game.  If you're using the custom builder on that site, you might want to choose the parts a bit differently, but it's fine as is.

The best gaming PCs in your price range I've seen recently all have 8 GB RAM.  While you could certainly add another 8 GB easily and cheaply (maybe $30) enough, some people don't want to do that.  In case you're curious though:

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Blaze-Gaming-Computer-Desktop/dp/B07RHBLV7F/

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-gaming-desktop-intel-core-i5-10600kf-8gb-memo...

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.

View in thread

Message 2 of 14 (2,884 Views)

All Replies

@ClareS_Fan  That would be perfectly fine as a Sims 4 PC, and it's a good price too.  The hardware should run Sims 4, all packs included, on ultra graphics settings now and in all likelihood for the full run of the game.  If you're using the custom builder on that site, you might want to choose the parts a bit differently, but it's fine as is.

The best gaming PCs in your price range I've seen recently all have 8 GB RAM.  While you could certainly add another 8 GB easily and cheaply (maybe $30) enough, some people don't want to do that.  In case you're curious though:

https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Blaze-Gaming-Computer-Desktop/dp/B07RHBLV7F/

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/cyberpowerpc-gamer-xtreme-gaming-desktop-intel-core-i5-10600kf-8gb-memo...

Message 2 of 14 (2,885 Views)

★★★ Novice

Didn’t catch if you said but can this run a lot of cc? I assumed all you needed for cc was Ram but after looking at some other threads I don’t think that’s the case.

Message 3 of 14 (2,874 Views)

@ClareS_Fan  To run a lot of custom content, you just need the storage space for it.  Memory is important too, but only up to a point—the game doesn't exactly load all the cc data into RAM, just pointers and other metadata, except for the items currently being used.  (Otherwise, how would anyone with 8 or 16 GB RAM be able to play with 50+ GB of cc?)

What actually helps more is having the custom content on a solid state drive, which is one of the reasons I thought the build you linked wasn't ideal: its SSD is too small to hold Sims 4, Windows, and really any significant cc collection.  A 256 GB SSD should be fine, although you'd probably need to install other games and store other data (not Sims 4-related) on the HDD.  But having your cc on an HDD is certainly not fatal, it just means longer load times, relative to what you'd see if you stored the content on an SSD.

On the other hand, you could buy another SSD and install it yourself, now or later, if you wanted.  It's a bit more complicated than installing RAM but still only requires connecting a couple of cables and mounting the drive in a bracket or slot that's made to accommodate it.  So it's not like you're locked into this decision.

Message 4 of 14 (2,867 Views)

★★★ Novice

(Sorry for the late reply) So after some talking with my parents they said if I save half of the money for the pc and wait until Christmas they’ll pay for the other half so money isn’t as big of an objective anymore. I saw you recommend the cyber power pc from Best Buy so  probably gonna get that one with the upgrades, thank you for all the help!

Message 5 of 14 (2,817 Views)

Is this pc good for alot of cc and ultra/high settings

★★★ Novice

iBUYPOWER Slate MR Gaming Desktop Intel i7-11700F 16GB Memory NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Super 6GB 480G...

I recently got this PC and I would liken to know if it could handle lots of cc and ultra settings. (I don't have nor plan on getting anymore games)

Message 6 of 14 (2,744 Views)

Re: Is this pc good for alot of cc and ultra/high settings

@ClareS_Fan  That PC should be able to handle whatever Sims 4 can throw at it, mods and custom content included.  Sims 4 will still lag sometimes, because that's what it does, but it'll be the game's fault, not your computer's.

Message 7 of 14 (2,724 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi i know this is an older post but i would really like to know where else i could find this PC? because it is currently out of stock on the website the link sends me too

Message 8 of 14 (1,800 Views)

@YayYayCrystal123  Computers go out of stock all the time, so it's almost always easier to start a new search for what you want.  I'd be happy to look for you; just list your budget and country as well as any other details that matter to you.  For the budget, let me know whether that includes a monitor, and if so, whether you'd like help picking that out as well.

Message 9 of 14 (1,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, thank you for getting back to me.  I am looking for something that can handle a lot of custom content as well as all game packs expansions and kits. I also plan to make custom content, I need a very high performance set up because I am going to be using it extensively, my budget is around $1000 to 1500 and it is ok if it goes over that a little, I am in the US and please recommend a monitor as well.

Message 10 of 14 (1,705 Views)