Re: Is this a glitch?

by SheriGR

Original Post

Is this a glitch?

★★★★★ Apprentice

When building a room on 2nd floor I have gaps in it but not when I build a deck on top floor here are the photos showing what hapoened!

Message 1 of 6 (522 Views)

Champion

@Tigerrun777 Are you on PC/Mac or console? In the case of the 2nd floor room are you trying to leave a gap, or is the room not completing and adding a gap? Which is doing what you expect and want? Are you adding the fencing with the fence drawing tool, or are you creating a room, then deleting the ceiling and replacing the walls with fencing? Do you have Mods or CC now or in the past?

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 6 (506 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Sometimes when building a fence the glitch is  showing that there are gaps in my fences I asked about this since I am a console user not on PC and they told me it was a glitch.

Message 3 of 6 (468 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Tigerrun777 

I've tried to reproduce not the exact building but the issue as to my understanding - drawing an enclosed fenced 'room' on the 2nd floor (on top of the first floor room) and on the top level rooftop. In both cases I didn't have a problem enclosing the 'room' fencing area. Please see the screenshot and correct me on what I need to do differently to reproduce. Also, have you tried copying your 'fence room' on the top floor and placing it on the 2nd floor area? I would be curious to see what happens then.

rooftop fencing.jpg

SheriGR Coffee cup I don’t work for EA

Message 4 of 6 (444 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

It is ok now it is now fixed sorry about this.

Message 5 of 6 (421 Views)

Champion

@Tigerrun777 Glad to hear it! Thanks for letting us know. Happy simming! 

Message 6 of 6 (390 Views)