Is this a bug or feature?

by ChloeSims21

Original Post

Is this a bug or feature?

★ Apprentice

I just got Knifty Knitting recently and I've been loving it! I've noticed that on Plopsy, there were crafted instruments and herbal remedies for sale. So, I tried to sell some on Plopsy but the option to sell on Plopsy did not come up. I'm not sure if this is a bug or a feature. If I see something on Plopsy, I'd like to be able to sell it on there myself as well. 

Message 1 of 16 (1,753 Views)

Re: Is this a bug or feature?

Champion (Retired)

@ChloeSims21 

If you have crafted it yourself you should be able to sell it through Plopsy.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 16 (1,699 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have crafted it myself. They were crafted right before I tried selling it on Plopsy. 

Message 3 of 16 (1,667 Views)

★ Apprentice

Am I allowed to bump my own topic? This issue is not resolved. Maybe I didn't give enough detail? I thought I did. 

I had just crafted each of the instruments you can make just before planning to sell on Plopsy that day. The option to sell on Plopsy did not show up. That option also did not show up when I crafted the herbal remedy just before trying to sell it either. 

Message 4 of 16 (1,617 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@ChloeSims21and @jpkarlsen I have noticed that you can only sell anything you crafted after you installed 'Knifty Knitting'. You will not be able to sell anything made in advance of this accessory pack.
I hope it is the answer you want ChloeSims21?
Have fun playing! 😉

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 5 of 16 (1,601 Views)

★ Apprentice

I'm sorry, I thought that detail was clear. I had already installed Knifty Knitting before crafting the items in question. I don't know how much more detail you need to help me solve this issue, or is this a bug? Maybe I should just make a bug report on this issue?

Message 6 of 16 (1,561 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ChloeSims21 

Do you have any Mods or CC? If so move your Mods folder to the Desktop and delete localthumbcache.package. Then test the game.

If it works now check for updates to your Mods and CC. Add it back a little at a time while testing until you have found all that are broken.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 7 of 16 (1,554 Views)

★ Apprentice

I haven't had a chance to do what you suggested yet, but I will try it and post back here if it's not a mod issue first chance I get.

Message 8 of 16 (1,511 Views)

★★★ Guide

re: comment from  @Trismagistos => can’t sell items on Plopsy that were crafted before installing nifty knitting

Are we sure that’s a feature not a bug? I actually had the opposite experience - specifically, items that were crafted before installing the pack are giving me the option to sell on Plopsy. i’m curious whether anyone else has been able to sell previously crafted items on Plopsy?

One hypothesis: For a particular saved file that predates installation of nifty knitting, there may be a bug preventing sims in the household that was active pre-pack-installation when the saved game is first loaded (post-pack-installation) from selling crafted items on Plopsy that may get resolved when you go through the process of loading that household within your saved game.

I only noticed I had this option after I switched between two households, so I can’t go back and test this hypothesis, but for anyone who can’t sell previously crafted items on Plopsy, if you switch to another household and then back, the feature may now be retroactive.

I don’t mind being wrong or an outlier, so any feedback on my hypothesis (either confirming or negating) is welcome. It’s def possible that i’m the lucky duck with a glitchy game.

🙃

Message 9 of 16 (1,443 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@ChloeSims21   Is this what you mean? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-SAVES-NKSP-Can-t-ship-on-Plopsy/td-p/9355159/page/2

If it fits your issue, please click Me Too on the first post. The Sims Team are asking for saves, so if you want to help solve it, the last post describes how to send/share saves. The 'Solution' for the thread is a workaround, not an actual solution.

Here is a longer list of all the bug reports made, that you can look through. It's organized per pack: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/READ-FIRST-Compiled-list-of-reported-Issues/m-p/3445209#M13006...

Message 10 of 16 (1,414 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help