Re: Is there any way to save my own "styled looks" in Sims 4?

by NennaRC

Original Post

Is there any way to save my own "styled looks" in Sims 4?

★★★★ Novice

I have been doing a decades challenge in the Sims4 and have started to realize how beneficial it would be to be able to save my own "styled looks" when going through the world and dressing ALL of the townies and other "unplayed" sims. This is also a useful tool when I am just putzing around in my other game file as townies load in with snow goggles and turbans on like 95% of the time on a few of their outfits. 

Its a bit of a grind to modifying them in CAS  when I see this, (just annoying that they generate with such strange accessories so often, or the same hairstyle), and while Maxis' "styled looks" are nice, they are lacking in male outfits, kids, toddlers, ect. and I prefer outfits that I create. If there is an option to save my own "styled looks" I am just a dumb that can't see it.

During my decades challenge it is not as simple, I have to go into every household, find the pants, socks, hats, makeup, exact hair styles, ect. Its becoming more of a patience challenge at this point XD 

If I recall correctly, I do believe that Sims3 had a save your look feature or something similar. 

If it is not there will it be added in? Is there a mod that can make this possible? I don't know how to code, but this is a feature that I would legit pay money for.

Message 1 of 8 (11,102 Views)

Champion

@Marzipahn, I would love this too!  I create multiple outfits in many categories for each of my Sims, and I do tend to make some outfits I really love and want to make again!Heart  I don't use Mods/CC because I find them too cumbersome to maintain as they should be maintained (I'm too lazy! Embarrassed ).   There might be a Mod like that out there.Wondering  Just know that you have to be careful every time there is an update to the game because then the Mods and CC creators have to update their items to fit the game.  If your Mods/CC become outdated, then it can take some time to find the one that is outdated and replace it! Disappointed  And if you don't replace it , your game can do some weird things! Raised eyebrowDisappointed

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 8 (11,074 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Exactly! I don't use any mods myself, but I do use a good bit of CC, especially with this challenge, I do love seeing everyone walking around in flapper dresses or furniture salesman and mob suits. (I am in the 1920's right now) I don't keep it as organized as I'd like due to creator names not always showing up in the CAS picture, but I keep up with it in separate folders for dates downloaded and what it is as per clothing or buildmode items.

I totally get what you mean about content breaking, like when Island living came out and all CC bathtubs broke because of mermaid tails. Thankfully Sims 4 Studio does batch fixes and makes it super easy to keep up with updates ^_^

I only have 2 worlds and 2 extra families to update outfits for, (everyone died off in the 1890's that wasn't in Windenburg) and cutting down the outfits that I style to only everyday, hot and cold weather it still takes like six+ hours. So much so that I had started to memorize where the woman's 1920's section of flapper coats are, but I still have to pair them with stockings, shoes, the odd hat and gloves. >.< 

Everyone looks really glamorous though :b

Message 3 of 8 (11,055 Views)

Champion

@Marzipahn, Ooh!  I love the 1920's style!Heart  And while it is hard enough for me to dress my Sims with all the accessories (I like multiple outfits for the most used clothing categories), it will be even more difficult for you and other people who have a large amount of CC to scroll through just to find one item! Raised eyebrowDisappointed

Feel free to include pictures of your Sims if you want!  They sound gorgeous! Standard smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 8 (11,043 Views)

★ Guide
@Marzipahn YES. I would love to be able to create templates for outfits...like they have the styled outfit options, I want to add to that!
Message 5 of 8 (11,008 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

To be able to make outfit templates is a must I think. It is very challenging to constantly update every piece of clothing on every sim as soon as they age up, if you play several households like me. I play 36 households, so you can just imagine how much time I need to spend in CAS. To be able to save favourite styled outfits including make-up and all, would be such a help and it would be great fun to make these templates too. Please make a save option! They should be viewable and possible to choose from in 'styled looks' just like the default ones.

Message 6 of 8 (9,480 Views)

★ Guide

I’m bumping this one as I think it’s an important feature to have.

Message 7 of 8 (4,716 Views)

Champion

@NennaRC @Marzipahn @CathieCMR @PugLove888  I totally agree!  It seems like it should be easy enough to create a "saved styles" or some such category.  I added my "me too". :-)

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png

Please help other players:
Add XP to posts you think are helpful.
Click Accept As Solution for posts that resolve your issue.
Happy Simming!

Message 8 of 8 (4,699 Views)