Re: Is there any way to get bathroom privacy on public lots? Open to mods

by Tkilroy36

Original Post

Is there any way to get bathroom privacy on public lots? Open to mods

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

This is not a problem at home because I can very easily restrict doors for particular sims so that privacy is respected.  However, it is annoying when I have a sim, especially a famous one, try to go to the bathroom in what is clearly intended to be a private, one-stall restroom on a public lot, and all the NPCs on the lot try to crowd into the bathroom at the same time to use it or take pictures of my sim. Even my non-famous sims will have random townies walking in on them to gawk at themselves in the mirror while my sim is a foot away, with no barrier in between them, trying to pee.

I can't lock those doors, because my sim doesn't own the public lot.  Is there any work around for this?  I'm happy to mod my game, but I haven't been able to find a mod for this either.  All the information I can find is just that this odd behavior is by design.  Okay, but can I make a different choice that's more realistic for my gameplay?  If I go to a bar or other location IRL that has single, private room bathrooms, I am able to lock the door to prevent randoms from walking in on me.  Any suggestions on how I can fix this issue are welcome (besides just live with it, which I obviously have been).  I'm on PC/Origin.

Message 1 of 4 (885 Views)

★ Guide
@queenofsprinkles You might be able to install a VIP door through build mode and grant 2 star (or whatever celebrity rank you want) to that door. It may not keep out other celeb sims but will keep the fans out. In some of my favorite community lots I have built a quick vip bathroom or lounge area just to have a peaceful outing if I want it but if you travel with any sim who isn't ranked (such as a friend) they won't be granted access to any vip area you create as bouncers won't be available to bribe
Message 2 of 4 (863 Views)

★ Guide

I don't use mods, none of my bathrooms whether community or household have mirrors, cause of the issue of someone wanting to use them, i loaded into the community lots in build mode and moved the mirrors either to the outer wall next to the bathroom door or any hallway wall that had space. The same with households, i moved the mirrors to more convenient locations for others to use

Message 3 of 4 (825 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks I will try these suggestions

Message 4 of 4 (800 Views)