Is there a way to get ghosts to stop constantly breaking things?

by Aniemaniac

Original Post

Is there a way to get ghosts to stop constantly breaking things?

★★ Novice

I have 2 ghosts in my household, but it's like every time they're not preoccupied with something else all they do is break stuff every few seconds. I have enough money to just replace the stuff in my bathrooms each time they wreck them, but I'm getting really sick of it since I have three other sims in the house so I can't monitor them constantly. Is there a way to stop them? I tried searching Google, but only figured out that the problem seems to go as far back as 2015 and the most recent reference I found was this May, no viable solution in sight except a mod that wouldn't stop giving me error messages last time I used it.

Only one had an angry death, the other has only been happy or playful for the entire time that I've been playing with her, so that's not the cause. Doing something with the urns is out of the question because I don't have them (I made them with gallery bases). I only have the free packs and I don't believe any of the few mods I have are the thing causing it, since it seems to be such a prevalent issue.

I could live with the inconvenience, but I'd really prefer to just fix it before it drives me up the wall.

Message 1 of 6 (4,055 Views)

Re: Is there a way to get ghosts to stop constantly breaking things?

[ Edited ]
Champion

@Aniemaniac , yes I agree.  But I think this was intended and not a bug, so it is doubtful that they will "fix" it if it is working as they planned.  I think if was to replicate some real-life's people's claims that they have a disruptive ghost in their house.  Raised eyebrow

I hadn't played with  a controllable ghost in the family for quite some time until about 2 months ago.  I had forgotten how much they broke things.  Disappointed

I do not use Mods in my game, but perhaps there is a Mod that changes ghost behavior to not break things so frequently? Wondering It is worth a try if you don't mind Mods. Wink
I see now that you already looked into MOds and there wasn't a satisfactory one.  However, you can always suggest such a Mod to a Modder.  The worst they can do is say no! Angel

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 6 (4,015 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah, that's a shame. You'd think if it was their house they'd stop doing it as much, or you could turn it off. Bit of a weird decision to have it happen this frequently.

I could try looking into mods again, if I still can't find anything I might at least find someone who could do it themself.

Message 3 of 6 (4,007 Views)

Champion
@Aniemaniac and @PugLove888 You can always try to alter the state of your plot by giving it the trait of the gnome (attribute). The gnomes will fix a lot of broken things. To be honest, I did not try it yet because it has been a long time since I had an uncontrollable ghost in my household. So I am not sure if it will work in your situation. But you can always give it a try.
Have fun playing 😉

Let op:
ik ben een vrijwilliger - ik werk dus niet voor EA. / Klik op "Ik ook" - Als je hetzelfde probleem hebt
Geef XP – Voor nuttige opmerkingen (help anderen vooruit) en markeer de oplossing - Als een antwoord jou heeft geholpen.

Message 4 of 6 (3,983 Views)

★★★★ Expert
@Aniemaniac MCCC will do it. Just install it and edit the file mc_tuner.cfg and add this line:

102774,Ghost_Possess_Break_Plumbing

I use ghosts quite often and this makes it so they never break things.
Message 5 of 6 (3,977 Views)

Champion

@Trismagistos , thank you for the Gnome Lot Trait suggestion!   I will have to try this!  When Ghosts were first introduced to the game shortly after the game first came out, we didn't have lot traits, if I remember correctly.  Then we got them but I had stopped playing ghosts , so I never thought to test this out! 😅

Message 6 of 6 (3,927 Views)