Re: Is there a specific chair I need to use for writing hobby?

by Ilois4

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is there a specific chair I need to use for writing hobby?

★★★★ Novice

I just bought the writing desk for the writing hobby. I have been trying to place a chair with the desk all morning. I have tried dining chairs both with arms and without. Is there a specific chair that I need to buy?

Message 1 of 9 (2,664 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Expert

I had this problem years ago and I thought they fixed it but here is the work around that worked for me.  Sometimes you’ll get a placement error usually caused by something on the wall or on the other side of the wall or by plants.  Theydon’t look like they are causing a blocking problem but the somehow interfere.  This can be solved by placing the desk in a largish empty spot and then placing the chair. Then you can click on the desk and move the desk and chair as a unit to wherever you want it.  

View in thread

Message 3 of 9 (2,632 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@BillieFan Dining chairs without arms should work.
Can you please share a picture? What message do you get when you tap on the desk?

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 2 of 9 (2,653 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I had this problem years ago and I thought they fixed it but here is the work around that worked for me.  Sometimes you’ll get a placement error usually caused by something on the wall or on the other side of the wall or by plants.  Theydon’t look like they are causing a blocking problem but the somehow interfere.  This can be solved by placing the desk in a largish empty spot and then placing the chair. Then you can click on the desk and move the desk and chair as a unit to wherever you want it.  

Message 3 of 9 (2,633 Views)

★★★★ Novice

That worked! Thank you!

Message 4 of 9 (2,627 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for answering so quickly, I got it to work now.

Message 5 of 9 (2,624 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just tired it, have a completely empty second floor. No luck. 

Message 6 of 9 (2,187 Views)

Hero
@Halt1776 Hi, the chair in your picture seems ok. Please explain with more details if you’re having an issue with the chair or writing hobby.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 7 of 9 (2,159 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Halt1776 Did you find out how to fix it because mines is just the same
Message 8 of 9 (728 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Any dining room chair worked for me. When you put it up against the desk the chair was highlighted red so I thought you couldn’t put the chair there. I just placed it there anyway and it worked! Hope that works for you too! 

Message 9 of 9 (723 Views)