Is that only me having the blank painting issue?

by aodoherty

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is that only me having the blank painting issue?

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

Hi, I need to explain first...  Sometimes, I have to quit the game for some personal work while my sim is painting in game. A few hours later, I reload my game, then I see he is painting on blank canvas and turns out to blank masterpiece. It happens only when I quit the game while painting and reload the game again. Is that normal? I'd like to hear other simmers' experiences. Standard smile

6.jpg

8.jpg

No problem with other paintings as you see but..

5.jpg

7.jpg

It happens only when I reload the game after quitting, otherwise I have no blank painting or photo issue. Standard smile 

1. My sim starts painting on easel.

2. I have to quit the sims 4 for my real life personal work while he is painting on canvas in the sims 4.

3. A few hours later, I reload my game and see him painting on blank canvas.

4. If I don't quit the game while he is painting and let him finish the painting, then NO Issues.

Message 1 of 5 (1,423 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is that only me having the blank painting issue?

Hero

@aodoherty  You are not the only one who sees this.  And the only thing to fix it is to scrap the painting and start over.

In addition to going blank when you save and quit, it also happens if a sim is painting and you travel and return at times.

The only way around it that I have found is to make sure you finish the painting before leaving the lot.  

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (1,402 Views)

All Replies

Hero

@aodoherty  You are not the only one who sees this.  And the only thing to fix it is to scrap the painting and start over.

In addition to going blank when you save and quit, it also happens if a sim is painting and you travel and return at times.

The only way around it that I have found is to make sure you finish the painting before leaving the lot.  

Message 2 of 5 (1,403 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@CGrant56Thank you. I thought it could be a bug or something else but currently, there's no other way to fix it, but your suggestion will be the best way. Standard smile Is there a same issue on bug report? If there is, would you give me a link? I'd love to click 'me too'. thanks.

Message 3 of 5 (1,396 Views)

Hero

@aodoherty  There is no bug post that I can find on this.  So go ahead and make a post in the bug section if you think one is needed.  I'll me too it if you do.

Message 4 of 5 (1,368 Views)

★★ Pro
@CGrant56 Thanks. Actually, I posted another issue related with reloading game on bug report and I added this issue to there as well.
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/My-sim-returns-home-from-work-after-reloading-game/m-p/8933959...
Message 5 of 5 (1,344 Views)