Re: Is it me or all my sims have been dying of laughter?

by valohim666

Original Post

Is it me or all my sims have been dying of laughter?

★★★ Novice

I noticed this happening pretty frequently these 2 months - December 2021 - January 2022.

No matter the save, my sims have been becoming hysterical over a single conversation, or phone call, or even after video gaming and later dying from laughter.

This has happened around 6-7 times.

Could this be a bug in the system?

Message 1 of 16 (7,824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Jan_jan_janggg 

Yeah, it happens a lot. I had to use MCCC to disable emotional deaths, and finally started using a mod that overhauls moods.

The issue is that lots of things give happy buffs.  Some things (phone calls, warm laundry, bubble baths, comedy on TV) give playful buffs. Happy boosts playful, so I've had Sims get hysterical because they had +13 happy and then their daughter with whom they had good sentiments came in and they got a single +1 playful moodlet from the sentiment.  HAHAHAHA I LOVE YOU TO DEATH.... literally.

TL;DR: Hysterical has become far too easy. My cheerful Sim died at least 4 times of hysteria and every time we gave Grim a death flower.

I recommend things that change the emotion, such as starting a club with a different emotional tone, or eating a Jungle Adventure mood berry, or something like that if they seem to be getting hysterical.

Message 2 of 16 (7,749 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The only time I've had this happen is when they are extremely tired and then they start laughing. 

Message 3 of 16 (7,660 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My Sims just had several happy moodlets and just plopped down dead. But the game froze and only came back once my sim and the grim reaper were gone, so it was too late to give them a death flower.

Message 4 of 16 (7,625 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I honestly think the problem is with whoever made this 'emotional death'. I hate this and like others I use MCC to stop it happening. Laughing is the best medicine, no idea why sims/players should be punished with death for just being happy.  

Message 5 of 16 (7,590 Views)

★ Guide

Yeah, it's gotten ridiculously easy for a hysterical death. All a sim has to do is be wearing warm laundry and then get a phone call from a friend with "juicy gossip." The game doesn't even give you time to get to a mirror to calm down - as soon as they get off the phone, they drop down dead.

Message 6 of 16 (6,868 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

If they're newlyweds or have a new baby, all they have to do is go into a room with someone with whom they have "let the good times roll!" playful sentiment. I had a mom with the Cheerful trait who kept keeling over because... she liked her daughter. She would also autonomously take bubble baths and die.

Message 7 of 16 (6,850 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Don't worry people. The sims are just becoming sentient beings, and are simply looking at all the glitches in the game and just can't help but die of laughter.

In all seriousness, I just have the base game and Kids Room stuff and there have been way too many times lately where I need to rush my sims to a mirror to calm down. I had one situation where I was so worried about my sim dying that I made a backup save while they were hysterical. They didn't seem to want to do the interactions I was telling them to do, they kept cancelling them out for other things (which is extremely annoying in other cases but was even more so here), and I thought for sure they were going to die. In my case it also doesn't seem to help that if I have a tub on the lot my sims only seem to want to autonomously take a bubble bath, add that with watching comedy on TV and the many other things that give a playful mood and it's really annoying.

I'm sure some may disagree with me, but the moods in this game are just one more thing that I wish had an option to be disabled. That, plus the story calls and the sentiments can all go dive off a cliff if you ask me lol.

Message 8 of 16 (6,836 Views)

Champion

I'm running 2 identical saves to stop losing my Sims after one laughed herself to death on her honeymoon in the jungle with absolutely nothing funny going on...like at all, one minute it's honeymoon french toast and the next minute giggles, chuckles, laughter, hysteria and thud. Followed by Saffron honey are you okay? Saffron? Noooooooo! Thank goodness for death flowers, but now you need 2 people to use a death flower unlike in previous games where the deceased Sim just handed it over.

It literally just started happening in the last 6 months or so.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 9 of 16 (6,818 Views)

Champion

This is weird.Wondering  I've heard people mention this a lot, but I have yet to have a Sim die of hysterical laughter in all the years I've been playing, since the beginning! 😨  I feel kind of left out! 😅

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 10 of 16 (6,805 Views)