Is There a Maximum Size that a Room Can Be?

by katclawsx3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is There a Maximum Size that a Room Can Be?

★★★★★ Pro

I’m just wondering for all of you who have built or rebuilt their homes if you ever came across a notice that the room you wanted to add was too big?

I finally, FINALLY cleared my last plot of land and wanted to expand a room that was in the center of the house between two existing rooms and kept getting the dreaded “Red Box”.  I then stored the whole room & rebuilt the room,. I was able to widen the room, but can’t seem to make it longer too.  

Any suggestions/information would be greatly appreciated if you’ve run into this situation.   

TIA ~. kat

Message 1 of 4 (599 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is There a Maximum Size that a Room Can Be?

★★★★★ Expert

@katclawsx3 wrote:

I’m just wondering for all of you who have built or rebuilt their homes if you ever came across a notice that the room you wanted to add was too big?

I finally, FINALLY cleared my last plot of land and wanted to expand a room that was in the center of the house between two existing rooms and kept getting the dreaded “Red Box”.  I then stored the whole room & rebuilt the room,. I was able to widen the room, but can’t seem to make it longer too.  

Any suggestions/information would be greatly appreciated if you’ve run into this situation.   

TIA ~. kat

Yes.  I wanted to make the front of my house a greenroom with space for bookshelves, a piano, seating and dining.  I had to break it up into three rooms and just make them all match in wall and floor treatments and put large arches in for doorways.  I really would have preferred to make it just one room.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (563 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

@katclawsx3 wrote:

TIA ~. kat

Yes.  I wanted to make the front of my house a greenroom with space for bookshelves, a piano, seating and dining.  I had to break it up into three rooms and just make them all match in wall and floor treatments and put large arches in for doorways.  I really would have preferred to make it just one room.

Message 2 of 4 (564 Views)

★★★★★ Pro

@BlueWizardRob wrote:

@katclawsx3 wrote:

TIA ~. kat

@BlueWizardRob 

Well, that’s disappointing information, but Thanks for the quick reply,  BWR.   I always appreciate your input 😀

Back to the drawing board for me to rethink the design. 

Right now it looks like a giant frog  🐸😂 

Message 3 of 4 (550 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
Yes, i think it's around 100squares. So you could have a 12×8 room or 10×10 room, and it'll be ok.
Message 4 of 4 (474 Views)