Is Party Full a thing now?

by PaQuilter1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Is Party Full a thing now?

Champion (Retired)

I had 2 parties I wanted to attend and both of them said "Party Full try a different Party" or something like that. Is that something new since the last update? If so, that is really frustrating or is it a bug?

Message 1 of 12 (1,179 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Is Party Full a thing now?

★★★★ Expert
I choose the "friends only" option for my parties, hoping to avoid it from happening, but no, it obviously still happens, and my party still crashes as well. Bit weird to have 50 friends on the list, but only a fraction of that can attend!

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (1,212 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Guide
From what I can tell, it’s a new thing that came with a recent update. I’m not sure how many attendees can come to a party, but there’s definitely a limit now.
Message 2 of 12 (1,168 Views)

★★ Guide

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen that notice prior to the last update. 

Message 3 of 12 (1,139 Views)

★★★★ Expert
Yes, another player and I actually lost out on a match making chance, as we couldn't find a way of going to the same party...!! We were all set, then couldn't attend each other's party, as they had obviously filled up within minutes. Then couldn't attend other party of people we had in common, as their parties were full as well!
It is really annoying, also, today my party crashed..again! It always crashes, gives the network error spiel, and cancels the party.
It's really annoying, as those parties are the only chances of chatting/meeting up with Sims!!
Message 4 of 12 (1,122 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I know @themummyof4 I tried to attend yours yesterday and couldn't. They make these parties 12 hours long supposedly so all time zones can attend but now we can't visit anyone anymore unless it's the first couple of minutes the party starts.  I just hope EA doesn't mess this app up and puts it back the way it use to be. 😥😖

Message 5 of 12 (1,110 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

I think, like the item limit for houses, that the party limit was always there but with the "optimization" included in the last update, they reduced the limit so much that now we are hitting it regularly. 

Message 6 of 12 (1,102 Views)

★★★★ Expert
I choose the "friends only" option for my parties, hoping to avoid it from happening, but no, it obviously still happens, and my party still crashes as well. Bit weird to have 50 friends on the list, but only a fraction of that can attend!
Message 7 of 12 (1,213 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
I’ve had the same issue which is really frustrating when that party has something for every one of your sims to do there!

I’m not sure where else to ask this but it’s party related so... do your sims have to be home for the entire duration of the party or can you send them to work? I know that sounds stupid, but I’ve seen my sims on events with other sims then one of my other sims has seen that same sim doing something else, somewhere else. So I was thinking maybe a copy of my sims might stay at the house while they work... or is that just (money orientated) wishful thinking?
Message 8 of 12 (1,034 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Finealta wrote:
I’ve had the same issue which is really frustrating when that party has something for every one of your sims to do there!

I’m not sure where else to ask this but it’s party related so... do your sims have to be home for the entire duration of the party or can you send them to work? I know that sounds stupid, but I’ve seen my sims on events with other sims then one of my other sims has seen that same sim doing something else, somewhere else. So I was thinking maybe a copy of my sims might stay at the house while they work... or is that just (money orientated) wishful thinking?

As far as I've been able to tell, your own sims will always be at your party, even if you send them off to work.  However, they won't stay at someone else's party the whole time, even if you try to leave them there.

To test this I've started a couple of parties at night and then had all of my sims leave for long shifts at work.  IRL I then went to bed and when I woke up the party is over.  I've asked some friends if they saw all of my sims at my party and they all said yes.

Message 9 of 12 (1,021 Views)

★★★★★ Expert
@BlueWizardRob Thank you so much! I’m due to have a party but it’s only 10:30am here and I don’t want to lose a day of sim work lol. I’ll host now, give away all my stickers then ship them off I think 😁
Message 10 of 12 (1,019 Views)