Re: Installed MCCC. How to update game with the mod. Total noob.

by Sefdancer4life

Original Post

Installed MCCC. How to update game with the mod. Total noob.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I installed MCCC. I love it so far but I have a question: what do I take out when I get Cottage Living? Do I delete the whole mods folder and start again? Do I uninstall the mod? Do I disable the mod until the pack is downloaded? I’m a total newbie when it comes to mods, since this is my first ever mod I don’t want to destroy my MacBook or game. 

Message 1 of 6 (912 Views)

★★★★ Guide

MCC updates pretty quick upon a new patch or DLC.

Best best is to remove the mods folder completely (put it on your desktop or something) until the mod gets updated.

Once it has been updated, redownload it and overwrite the files, then you can put it back in.

Please note though, if you remove the mods folder and you're using CC build/buy/CAS items then you will lose those items if you use an old save, and if you save, you will have to manually redo everything.

Message 2 of 6 (892 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I just leave it on the desktop and overwrite the files? Or should I trash the whole mod and redos load it? 

Message 3 of 6 (879 Views)

@Sefdancer4life  If you don't have a lot of files to manage, you don't need to worry about overwriting anything.  After a patch, move your Mods folder to the desktop, test the game to make sure it works (on a new save if you want), then download new copies of the mods you use and add them to the new Mods folder in Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4.  The download pages should specify when they've been updated or confirmed to work with the latest patch.

If you have a lot of custom content items to sort through, you can try adding them to the new Mods folder in batches, again testing the game to make sure everything works.  You can leave behind any mods you've already replaced and trash the old Mods folder when you're done.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 4 of 6 (867 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Just updating Origin right now. I’ve already moved the Mods folder while Origin updates. Only mod I have is MCCC

Message 5 of 6 (830 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Expert

@Sefdancer4life

MCCC's current version (2021.1.0) is fine with the current update.

Message 6 of 6 (812 Views)