[Info] The Sims 4 - Spark'd Challenges

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Spark'd Challenges Banner.PNG

Sul Sul Simmers, 

The Sims Spark'd Challenges have arrived!!  And with it so have many questions. Heart So, where can you find the answers?

Well, we've gone ahead and pooled together information we've shared so far on the Sims Spark'd Challenges into one place so you can find it that bit easier. We'll aim to keep this updated and include links as they are released but you can always head straight to the source too >> The Sims Spark'd Challenges <<

Click on the headings in the Index below to jump to the relevant section in this thread for more information: 

Index

- EA_Lanna

Next Topic 'Spark'd Challenges' >>

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 1 of 8 (5,086 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Spark'd Banner 2.jpg

Spark'd Challenges

Spark'd Challenges introduces a unique theme with each challenge and with three ways to participate too. These challenges offer you a way to show off your stuff and share your creations with the community. What's more, if you are chosen as a Top Spark'd Creator, you may be featured on this site—or even get a chance to be considered for future seasons of The Sims™ Spark’d competition show! 

Tune into The Sims Spark’d for inspiration and watch full episodes on TBS and Buzzfeed Multiplayer!

What ways can I participate?

There are 3 ways:

• Stylist. Channel your inner fashion guru! Design a creation that showcases the clothing, accessories, and styling capabilities of the game.
  • Builder. Utilize the Build/Buy mode and lot construction to design a creation that showcases the architectural capabilities of the game.
  • Storyteller. Implement Live Mode to bring the game to life. Design a compelling story of no more than 3 minutes that includes a beginning, middle, and end.

Where can I find the Official Rules?
The Official Rules can be found here on ea.com

How can I submit creations to Spark'd Challenges?

We've created a nifty guide that will run through those steps with you on EA Help, check it out: "How to submit to The Sims 4 Spark'd Challenges"

How can I learn about new challenges?

You can learn about new challenges through The Sims 4 Gallery (select the tab 'Spark'd Challenges') and The Sims Spark'd at ea.com. For a visual guide, click to expand the spoiler tag.

Spoiler

Spark'd Gallery.PNG

Spark'd New & Next Challenges.PNG

The first Spark'd challenge has already started, and the theme is… Destination Wedding! Get more details about the first Spark’d Challenge, designed by EA Challenge Operations Manager Hollie Reid aka holliebbtv,

<< Back to Top |  Next Topic 'Challenges - Stylist' >>

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 2 of 8 (5,024 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Spark'd Stylist.png
(psst the image is hyperlinked)

Challenges - Stylist

Stylist challenges center around CAS mode and Sims creation, fashion, and styling. Channel your inner fashion guru! Emphasis is on the way you bring the challenge theme to life through

the styling and character design of your Sims. Remember, you can submit as many unique Creations as you like and can even submit Builder and Storyteller Creations.

What is the Creation Criteria?

• Creativity (40%): How creative is the submission? Is that creativity coherently expressed? Were relevant aspects of The Sims™ 4 used creatively?
  • Craftsmanship (30%): Does the creation demonstrate attention to detail? Are there any advanced techniques used? Is the creation ambitious, memorable, or especially thoughtful?
  • Originality (20%): Is the creation innovative and does it bring a unique point of view to the challenge?
  • Aesthetics (10%): Is there an immediate “wow” factor? Is the creation thoughtful and deliberate in its execution?
  • Specific Challenge Requirements: In addition, each challenge will have unique requirements to spark your imagination. How well does the creation answer this specific challenge?

How can I learn about the specific challenge requirements? 

We've got you covered. Click on >>this link<< to check out the guidelines for that weeks Stylist Challenge. You can also find this information in-game from The Gallery. Select the tab 'Spark'd Challenges' and check out the guidelines for the challenge outlined there.

How can I submit my creations?
After finishing your Stylist Creation, upload it to the new in-game Challenge Gallery. Be sure to check out and favorite other Creations from around the community. That’s it. You’re done! 

Stylist FAQ's 
(Jump to our FAQ's post for more General FAQ's)

• Are we expected to modify all outfits for our submissions? No, and in fact, you should probably only modify the everyday outfit, as that is the way the content is viewed within the Gallery. If a challenge requires multiple outfits on a Sim, we'll be sure to say so in the challenge guidelines.

• Can I use any Expansion, Game, or Stuff Packs when creating my household? Typically, yes. But be sure to read the Challenge Guidelines for each individual challenge for any specific requirements.

<< Back to Top | Next Topic 'Challenges - Builder' >>

Message 3 of 8 (5,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Spark'd Builder.png

Challenges - Builder

Builder challenges center around Build mode and lot creation. Share how you think inside and outside the box. Emphasis is on the interior and exterior of the build itself, landscaping, and creative use of challenge-related materials. Remember, you can submit as many unique creations as you like and can even submit Stylist and Storyteller creations

• Creativity (40%): How creative is the submission? Is that creativity coherently expressed? Were relevant aspects of The Sims™ 4 used creatively?
  • Craftsmanship (30%): Does the creation demonstrate attention to detail? Are there any advanced techniques used? Is the creation ambitious, memorable, or especially thoughtful?
  • Originality (20%): Is the creation innovative and does it bring a unique point of view to the challenge?
  • Aesthetics (10%): Is there an immediate “wow” factor? Is the creation thoughtful and deliberate in its execution?
  • Specific Challenge Requirements: In addition, each challenge will have unique requirements to spark your imagination. How well does the creation answer this specific challenge?

We've got you covered. Click on >>this link<< to check out the guidelines for that weeks Builder Challenge. You can also find this information in-game from The Gallery. Select the tab 'Spark'd Challenges' and check out the guidelines for the challenge outlined there.

After finishing your Builder Creation, upload it to the new in-game Challenge Gallery. Be sure to check out and favorite other Creations from around the community. That’s it. You’re done! 

Builder FAQ's 

• Can I submit a room? No.
  • Can I use any Expansion, Game, or Stuff Packs when creating my lot? Typically yes. But be sure to read the Challenge Guidelines for each individual challenge for any specific requirements.

<< Back to Top | Next Topic 'Challenges - Storyteller' >>

Message 4 of 8 (5,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Spark'd Storyteller.png

Challenges - Storyteller

Storyteller challenges center around Live mode and bringing stories to life through The Sims™ 4. Emphasis is on creating a narrative, using Sims and a build to weave together a compelling story that includes a beginning, middle, and end. How you tell the story is totally up to you! Don’t stress about the production values, though. We care more about the quality of your story than your video editing skills. Remember, you can submit as many unique Creations as you like and can even submit Stylist and Builder Creations.

We've got you covered. Click on >>this link<< to check out the guidelines for that weeks Storyteller Challenge. You can also find this information in-game from The Gallery. Select the tab 'Spark'd Challenges' and check out the guidelines for the challenge outlined there.

Capture your story in video format (three minutes or less) and upload it to YouTube (public or unlisted). After finishing your Storyteller Creation, use the form HERE to submit it.

Storybuilder FAQ's 

• Where do I submit my video creation? Here. At the moment, it’s not possible to upload videos within the game.
  • Will other players be able to see my video Creation? Yes. We’ll also be spotlighting some videos on social media, and we highly encourage you to add applicable challenge hashtags (for example, #DestinationWedding) at the end of your video title.
  • Can I add music to my video Creation? Yes. However, it must be originally created music or copyright free/creative commons available music. 
  • What language does my video Creation need to be in? English or your native language with English subtitles.
  • TIPS 
    • Video should be 3 minutes or shorter in length.
    • Hook us in the first 30 seconds of your video!
    • Speak loudly and clearly.
    • Don’t stress the production values! We care more about the quality of your story than your ability to make polished, highly produced videos.

<< Back to Top | Next Topic 'Frequently Asked Questions' >>

Message 5 of 8 (4,995 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Spark'd FAQ.PNG

Frequently Asked Questions

General FAQ's (Stylist | Builder | Storyteller)

• Can I submit more than one creation?: Yes, you can submit more than one creation.
  • Can I submit a Creation for each way to play (Stylist, Builder, Storyteller)? Yes!
  • Why are the challenges broken down into Stylist, Builder, and Storyteller?The Sims™ 4 can be played in a plethora of ways, so to allow Simmers to jump right into each challenge theme with a clear objective, we've broken things down into these three main ways to play.
  • I completed two (or all three) of the challenges for this theme. They work together. How can I submit them together? While you can add a #hashtag that links multiple creations, at this time, there is no benefit to submitting linked items, as each submission will be individually evaluated. You should submit your creations for each challenge you would like to enter.
  • How long do I have to upload my creation? The submission period for each challenge will typically be around two weeks. You can find the specific start and end dates on each challenge page.
  • What if I want to withdraw my submission? All of your creations can be found in the MyLibrary tab of The Gallery. You can withdraw any of your submissions by opening up their detail panel and choosing the “unsubmit” button located in the bottom left.
  • If I submit a creation, could I appear as a contestant on the Spark’d show?Yes! If you are chosen as a Spark'd Challenges Top Spark'd Creator, you may be spotlighted on this site, and in addition, you’ll be added to a pool of potential contestants to interview for a future season of Spark’d.
  • If I am a Top Spark'd Creator and I am selected for the Spark’d show, am I obligated to be on the Spark’d show? Nope! There’s no pressure for you to be a contestant on the show.
  • How do I explain my creation to the judges if I feel it needs context for someone to fully understand it? As a Builder or Stylist, the description field is available for you to write down anything you wish to convey in English. We recommend that your submission speaks for itself, though. As a Storyteller, that’s the challenge.
  • Do I win anything? / What do I win? / Are there winners?Those selected as a Top Spark'd Creator will be spotlighted on www.thesims.com/challenge after each challenge has concluded in its entirety. (For Destination Wedding, that will be August 31, 2020.) In addition, you’ll be added to a pool of potential contestants to interview for a future season of The Sims™ Spark’d. These challenges are also meant to be a fun new way for players to focus their efforts while playing.
  • How do I vote? How does voting work?To let your voice be heard, simply head in game, navigate to the Gallery, and then tab over to the Challenge Gallery and start favoriting creations by pressing the heart icon. You can favorite as many creations as you like. After the voting period ends, the top 100 Creations with the highest number of hearts will then be judged by EA judges who regularly play The Sims™ 4, using a judging rubric set forth here to determine the Top Spark’d Creators.
  • Someone is using my submission as their creation. What should I do? Report their content via the Plagiarism report flag and provide information about the item being plagiarized.
  • I noticed some people use custom thumbnails for their content. Are we allowed to do so? To ensure a level playing field across PC and Console Creations, the use of custom thumbnails, poses, custom content and mods are not permitted.
  • Am I allowed to use mods to help me build (such as TOOL or the Red Shelf mod?) To ensure a level playing field across PC and Console Creations, the use of custom thumbnails, poses, custom content and mods are not permitted.
  • Can I use real-life inspiration for my Creations? Originality is always ideal. Allusions and parodies are welcome, but we won’t be able to consider those with copyright violations. We have more rules around third party IPs in Official Rules.
  • Can I use cheat codes? The following cheat codes are acceptable to use when stated in the challenge rules. Click to expand the spoiler tag for cheat codes:
    • Money: You must be currently playing a household in order to apply money cheats to that household.
      Spoiler
      money # = (# represents the amount of money you would like reflected in your household)
      Motherlode = adds 50,000 Simoleons
      rosebud = adds 1,000 Simoleons
      freerealestate on = houses are free
    • Build Mode

Spoiler

bb.moveobjects on = You can merge objects together and place them wherever you wish

[ and ] = The left bracket enlarges an item and the right one shrinks it

9 and 0 = You can raise and lower objects using the 9 or 0 keys

bb.showhiddenobjects = More items visible

Bb.ignoregameplayunlocksentitlement = Unlock Build items that are locked by default

bb.showliveeditobjects = Liberated environment objects

• CAS Mode
      Spoiler
      cas.fulleditmode = Fully edit a Sim after creating
      bb.moveobjects on = You can merge objects together and place them wherever you wish
  • How do I use them (cheat codes)?
    • Step 1: Open up the game.
    • Step 2: To open the text field at the top of your screen, type CTRL + SHIFT + C on PC and/or Mac. Hold down all four triggers at the same time on PlayStation®4 and Xbox One.
    • Step 3: In the text field, type testingcheats true and hit enter.
      If you’re having trouble, type cheats while the game is in Live mode with an active household.

Stylist FAQ's

• Are we expected to modify all outfits for our submissions? No, and in fact, you should probably only modify the everyday outfit, as that is the way the content is viewed within the Gallery. If a challenge requires multiple outfits on a Sim, we'll be sure to say so in the challenge guidelines.

• Can I use any Expansion, Game, or Stuff Packs when creating my household? Typically, yes. But be sure to read the Challenge Guidelines for each individual challenge for any specific requirements.

Builder FAQ's

• Can I submit a room? No.
  • Can I use any Expansion, Game, or Stuff Packs when creating my lot? Typically yes. But be sure to read the Challenge Guidelines for each individual challenge for any specific requirements.

Storyteller FAQ's

• Where do I submit my video creation? Here. At the moment, it’s not possible to upload videos within the game.
  • Will other players be able to see my video Creation? Yes. We’ll also be spotlighting some videos on social media, and we highly encourage you to add applicable challenge hashtags (for example, #DestinationWedding) at the end of your video title.
  • Can I add music to my video Creation? Yes. However, it must be originally created music or copyright free/creative commons available music. 
  • What language does my video Creation need to be in? English or your native language with English subtitles.
  • TIPS 
    • Video should be 3 minutes or shorter in length.
    • Hook us in the first 30 seconds of your video!
    • Speak loudly and clearly.
    • Don’t stress the production values! We care more about the quality of your story than your ability to make polished, highly produced videos.

<< Back to Top | Next Topic 'Spark'd News and Updates' >>

Message 6 of 8 (4,994 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Spark'd news.PNG

Spark'd Official News, Updates and Social Platforms

Looking for spaces to get more of The Sims Spark'd, well look no further: 

• Spark'd Challenges Page: The official Spark'd Challenges page shares all you need to know about the Spark'd Challenges. Keep an eye on this page for updates, information and the current challenges. 
  • The Sims Forums: Updates and news is shared in The Sims Spark'd section. You can also share your Spark’d excitement and theories with your fellow players there too.
  • EA Help: EA Help is a and you can enter keywords into the filter to find related guides and information. Try putting 'Spark' into the filter. 
  • The Sims TwitterInstagramTikTok: Share your Creations with us on these platforms using #SparkdChallenge while also staying up to date with the latest Sims news, including The Sims Spark'd and Spark'd challenges.
  • Facebook | YouTube: Like us on Facebook; and subscribe to our YouTube channel for more Sims content. 
  • Newsletter: You can also sign up for The Sims 4 newsletter to get all the news as soon as it’s announced!

Check out @HolliebbTV on her Twitter channel too. Hollie designed the first Spark'd Challenge and has been sharing/retweeting cool and creative content to get you inspired for the Spark'd challenges. She has also answered some questions you might have had yourself on the first Spark'd Challenge. Holliebb also answers some of our questions on The Sims Forum where you can find out more about what she's been doing with Spark'd challenges

<< Back to Top |  Next Topic 'The Sims Spark'd Show' >>

Message 7 of 8 (4,993 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

The Sims Spark'd Show

The show that inspired Spark'd Challenges; The Sims Spark'd.

The Sims™ was created to empower people to play with life. It has become a place where people from all walks of life come to express themselves and experiment with new ideas. It’s time to give players the chance to share their stories and creativity with the world in a reality competition where the only limit to what they can become... is their own imagination.

This is The Sims Spark’d. 

Check out 'Get Ready for The Sims Spark'd Show!' for more and check back on The Sims Spark'd News for articles and interviews about the show and episodes. You can catch The Sims Spark'd on TBS every Friday until August 7th as well as Buzzfeed Multiplayer on YouTube every Monday until to August 10th and catch the next episode! For all things The Sims Spark'd, head over to our website at  https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/sparkd.

Who are the Spark'd Cast and Judges?

You can meet the cast and judges over on The Sims Spark'd. Click on the cast names to read more about them and scroll down further to meet the Spark'd judges. 

<< Back to Top

Message 8 of 8 (4,991 Views)