[Info] The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure - Now available!

by EA_Mai

Original Post

Re: [Info] The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure

★★★ Apprentice

still cant get the sims4 jungle adventure. I believe it goes by the times they gave for where you live . so maybe tonight

Message 41 of 69 (2,523 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

YAY Standard smileStandard smileStandard smile  just got the sims 4 jungle adventure its all downloaded !!!!! thank you for the help and happy gaming all Standard smile

Message 42 of 69 (2,519 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thank you
Message 43 of 69 (2,509 Views)

Champion

@unseenlarks, just a quick reply here since I'm busy discovering Jungle Adventure!   I just wanted to give you pics of the avocado tree, a single avocado, and a Sim eating an avocado, like you requested. Angel  Sorry for the bad lighting!   I will reply to your last post and update you more on Puerto Llamante and the Omiscan temples later.  I've been playing so long, I forgot to eat! Shocked OopsEmbarrassedLarge smile

Here are the pictures; I will show more later: 

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 44 of 69 (2,486 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@PugLove888

AVOCADOOOOOOO!!!! Heart

Message 45 of 69 (2,479 Views)

★★ Expert
@PugLove888,

i think that, when one forgets to eat... it's the sign of great, immersive gameplay! <3

thanks SO much for the pictures. is the Sim eating the avocado you? because you said you don't like them, and she doesn't look very happy about the whole thing. Frown

also, i love how the head scarf looks! i smiled when i saw it, because i wear those IRL... and the Sim's hair looks like mine! :D
Message 46 of 69 (2,472 Views)

Champion

@CMeki@unseenlarks , I'm so glad y'all liked the avocado pictures from the Jungle Adventure GP that I posted!  Avocados are so popular now because we have discovered how good they are for you -- a shame I don't like them. Embarrassed The game also has black beans to harvest and "Emotion Berries"!  I finally found an emotion berry tree after extensive searching! Haven't used them yet though.  The black beans come in pods just like real beans!  In the inventory they look like darker versions of mesquite pods or mimosa pods.  But the plant doesn't look like either one of those.  I need to Google a picture of a real black bean plant, now that I think about it!

No, the Sim in the picture eating the Avocado isn't me!  I'm not as muscular as she is and her hair is darker.  I didn't even make this Sim because I made a large Sim family to try out all the new CAS options, but didn't want to travel with them yet, at least not on my first trip!  Its too hard to take care of a toddler and 2 young kids in while exploring the jungle for the first time!  So, after I made the large family, I just downloaded some Adventure Sims from the Gallery ... I think they were favorited by Maxis.  They each have one of the 2 different new Aspirations that came with this pack! @unseenlarks, the Sim eating the avocado must have enjoyed it because she got a good buff from it -- I think she is just contemplating whether it is a fruit or a vegetable! Wink  She needs to realize that all fruits are vegetables, but not all vegetables are fruits! Raised eyebrow

LOL! Simlish phonetics! Large smile  That's a good one!  

Yes, the volcano project that came with the Parenthood GP does remind me of a tamer version of the one on the Brady Bunch!  (Cool that you guys called it the Brady Tribe in your country!) The episode in question is called "Today, I Am a Freshman" from 1972.  The plot is about Marcia primarily, but Peter and the volcano steal the show!  The volcano's best part is at the end.  You should be able to find it on the internet.  Every time my Sim kids bring home a volcano for their school project, I think of this episode and it makes me laugh! Large smile:eahigh_file:  There are several other projects in the game, but the volcano is my favorite!  (I even made one in the 4th grade!) It's a good thing for our Sims that Selvadorada doesn't' have an active volcano! 

I have a list of the foods and drinks at the food stands in the marketplace at Puerto Selvadorada:

Drinks:

Horchata

Yerba Mate

Espuma Agria

Food:

Arepa Rellena con Perico

Arepa de Pabellón

Empanadas de Verde

Pastel Palmito

Platanos Fritos

Pastel de Camarão

Buñuelos

The Pastel de Camarão must be from Brazil since they use tildes over their vowels, which is Portuguese. Wink

However, none of the times when my Sims ate at the food stall did they "learn" the recipe like they do with other exotic foods from City Living or even the seafood dishes from Cats & Dogs!  I don't know if this is as intended, or if it is a glitch in my game, or if it is a bug for others as well. Wondering

I love the head scarves that come with this pack also!  I've worn these off and on over the years, of varying widths.   But right before this pack was announced, I bought 4 new ones ... 2 with solid colors and 2 with patterns! :eahigh_file:

@CMeki, the very first time I had a Sim open a treasure chest, he turned into a skeleton!  Party hat

Here are some pictures from the game:  

Message 47 of 69 (2,449 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

The various recipes build culture awareness. I would have loved to be able to learn the recipes but I think it is on purpose that you can't.

Regarding emotion trees I went to the royal baths and found 5 there. You can also plant them at home.

BTW. Since you have pets did you notice the bug with pet bowls in the inventory or perhaps you didn't bring any pets along.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 48 of 69 (2,442 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Well what do you know I just ate Buñuelos and learned how to make it at home. Maybe you need a certain level of culture to learn the recipes. I am at level 3.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 49 of 69 (2,441 Views)

Champion

@jpkarlsen, thanks that makes sense about the recipes! Angel One of my Sims just reached cultural level 3, but I haven't tried to have her make any food since then.  

I haven't found the Royal Baths yet!  But I found one of the Emotion Berry trees on that long stone ledge with the large medallion overlooking the river below!  Such a view! Raised eyebrow Heart

No, I haven't brought any pets to the Jungle yet.  I thought of trying to adopt a stray by putting out food bowls for them, but I haven't tried that yet, since I wanted to concentrate on cultural and archeological activities! Wink

Message 50 of 69 (2,436 Views)