Re: Increase in shop prices?

by StormiSkiez

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Increase in shop prices?

★ Apprentice

Hi, anyone else noticed a price increase in furniture prices? Or does it change according to player level or lifestyle? 

Message 1 of 12 (1,678 Views)

Accepted Solution

★ Apprentice

Update: EA is being really sneaky, and its starting to get on my nerves now. They do adjust prices of items secretly, and I just discovered, change their boost as well. For example, I purposely saved up and bought both the clean scrubbin' soap and fluffy hand towel for their energy boosts, just to find out that the boosts were removed. This defeats the purpose of purchasing them in the first place.

It's so annoying to have prices and boosts changing, especially when the items are expensive (compared to what our sims can earn). Even though I'm currently level 36, I am considering quitting this game all together.   

View in thread

Message 7 of 12 (1,663 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

It goes up when you buy more of same stuff.

Message 2 of 12 (1,660 Views)

★ Apprentice
My bad. I was referring to items not yet purchased!
Message 3 of 12 (1,652 Views)

I haven't noticed, but could be it goes up with your level.

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 12 (1,616 Views)

★★★ Novice

I noticed the price increase on items as well. It didn't happen until after the Easter Hunt update on the game. The only reason I noticed was that I had written down the prices of a few items I wanted, so I would know how much I needed to save. That was like a day or two before the update. After the update I went to purchase the items and was like wow. If prices are going to be increased then at least increase the money we earn from working as well.

Message 5 of 12 (1,581 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

It could be due to leveling up, but I'm not too sure. Like StormiSkiez, I only realized it after the Easter egg update. There were some items which cost cheaper to purchase now too. So I'm guessing that they readjusted the prices. 

Message 6 of 12 (1,558 Views)

★ Apprentice

Update: EA is being really sneaky, and its starting to get on my nerves now. They do adjust prices of items secretly, and I just discovered, change their boost as well. For example, I purposely saved up and bought both the clean scrubbin' soap and fluffy hand towel for their energy boosts, just to find out that the boosts were removed. This defeats the purpose of purchasing them in the first place.

It's so annoying to have prices and boosts changing, especially when the items are expensive (compared to what our sims can earn). Even though I'm currently level 36, I am considering quitting this game all together.   

Message 7 of 12 (1,664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide
This is why we need Changelogs, oh EA.

Also, buying multiple items of the same furniture will increment its cost.
Message 8 of 12 (1,485 Views)

★ Guide
Ouch. I was wondering why my expensive soap did not work as advertised! :-/
Message 9 of 12 (1,468 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just found out that Maxis Mansion now costs 2000 instead of 1000, and Omega buildings (water, energy, garbage, etc) costs 20000 instead of 10000.

This just made them so expensive! So sad :/

Message 10 of 12 (1,198 Views)