Inconsistencies to Aspirations

by Seleos13

Original Post

Inconsistencies to Aspirations

★★ Apprentice

I am finding myself becoming frustrated with aspirations. Some of them seem to satisfy when not having them selected (especially those regarding skills), but some of them seem fickle in having to be selected. For instance, one I am going for is Bestselling Author. My Sim has now written three books, but the aspiration says 1/2, because I did not have it selected when the books were completed. This seems very fickle and micromanaging. My Sim has -clearly- written three books. Why won't the goal satisfy? 

Message 1 of 6 (541 Views)

Re: Inconsistencies to Aspirations

Champion

@Seleos13 Sorry for your frustration! There is some great information on aspirations in this article: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/aspirations/

As far as the best selling author, if memory serves (I had a best selling author sim a while ago) that is not simply based on the number of books written. The skill level (writing, logic, and career branch's level - ideally maxed out), plus the quality of the sim's mood (needs far in the green, etc.) & inspiration while writing can all effect the quality of the book written, and can effect whether or not it's a best seller.

Additional information on this career can be found in this article: https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/careers/writer/

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. Standard smile

SheriGR Coffee cup I play on Mac, no Mods or CC, & backup daily. I don’t work for EA.
Me Too – if you also have this problem – first post on thread or bug report has this button

XP – for helpful comments (& to help others 'level up')
Mark As Solution – to help others find the answer to the issue now & in the future

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 2 of 6 (510 Views)

★★ Apprentice

This is not about it being a "best seller". The aspiration is just to write a book. It doesn't even matter if it's published. I have done this on other Sims. It just peeves me that I have to have the aspiration selected to get credit. Yet another in the list of frustrations.

Message 3 of 6 (495 Views)

Champion

@Seleos13 Sorry for your frustration and for misunderstanding. It's good that you have added the information here, then, so the feedback can be posted for EA. Thank you for taking the time to point out the specifics and provide a good example! Standard smile

SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 4 of 6 (490 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Let's take another example - the Master Vampire aspiration.

One of the requirements is the very uninspired "Survive for an additional 20 days as a vampire". My vampire has 'survived' some days since getting this, but it still shows 0/20. Is this because I have to have the aspiration selected when the day changes? Why would I have to keep this one selected and forgo all others while playing for 20 days? This is ridiculous.

Well, I guess I'll be abandoning this aspiration, too.

I have left it set on this one, but it still shows 0/20 days survived. I have also now read and reread the Ultimate Vampire Tome, but it won't satisfy that one, either.

(Posts merged by CM)

Message 5 of 6 (486 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Seleos13 wrote:

Let's take another example - the Master Vampire aspiration.

One of the requirements is the very uninspired "Survive for an additional 20 days as a vampire". My vampire has 'survived' some days since getting this, but it still shows 0/20. Is this because I have to have the aspiration selected when the day changes? Why would I have to keep this one selected and forgo all others while playing for 20 days? This is ridiculous.

This is actually a bug.

It resets when you reload the game.

Best to post on this thread for that specific issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-V-Master-Vampire-Survival-Days-reset-on-travel/td-...

OK. Just saw that you made a new thread on this. I merged it with the existing one.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (471 Views)