Inclusion of Slavic Culture

by PatrickClSim3Low

Original Post

Inclusion of Slavic Culture

What has been proved by the recent issue with ban in Russia is that The Sims 4 doesn't have anything that could represent Russians and Slavic cultures in general. There are an estimated c. 350 million Slavs worldwide and they are the largest ethno-linguistic group in Europe.(they take half of Europe). You would think that such big nation would be represented in some way, but still, regardless of this, they are still unrepresented in The Sims 4. I personally believe there were good oppurtunities, such as the new Wedding pack or Cottage living, considering Slavs are associated to Earth and mother nature more than any Europe nation 

Before I start what could be included in game, I want to do brief mention of all slavic countries - Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Poland, Serbia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Montenegro, Croatia, Bulgaria, Macedonia

This Twitter thread is a great start to somehow summarize things that could be added.

https://twitter.com/The_AmazingMiky/status/1494370790069968897

Now I will give you some ideas;

Clothes - Kerchiefs" (head scarves), faux fur coats and accessories, wreaths on the head from autumn leaves or flowers from the garden, kokoshnik, traditional costumes, Vyshyvanka, kosovorotka, sarafan, folk costumes, etc.

Food - hak-chak, beshbarmak, dumplings, pancakes, salyanka, gingerbread, sandwiches with caviar, okroshka and borscht, draniki, babka, Pirozhki, Olivier salad, sarma, zhurek, grilled oscypek, pljeskavica, shopshka salad, shkembe chorba, burek, štefani pečenka, svíčková na smetaně, garlic soup (česnečka), bryndzové halušky, rohlik, tatarák and many more...

Items and build - antique stoves and fireplaces, yurt, architecture related (windows, doors, roofs..), lead glass, persian carpets, samovar, matryoshka, porcelain dishes and tea sets with a cobalt mesh pattern, Eggs and products of the Faberge Russian Jewelry House (caskets, watches, dishes, stationery for calligraphy and writing)., products with blue painting on white porcelain in the Gzhel style and many others again.

There are also traditions that could be included, lot of them related to folklore. Traditional dances. Or even mystical creatures from Slavic mythology - I wouldn't be againts occult pack about Slavic mythology, you could include creatures like vodnik (vodyanoy), leshy, rusalka, gamayun, etc. And world inspired by any of the mentioned countries would be great as well

I would add pictures but it would be so much. So I add just one - traditional folklore costume from my country.. I hope that one day we will get represented in Sims 4 (or Sims 5)Pin on Czech Republic

Message 1 of 1 (633 Views)