by Kanelbullet

Original Post

Accepted Solution

In pre-decorated apartment can't use toilet

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Apartment Living, Pets, Pets addon, Christmas, Luxury, maybe more.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move your sim in to the apartment, already decorated, ask it to go to the loo.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim says they can't reach the loo.
What do you expect to see? The sim to use the toilet.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I did not edit this apartment, except for putting up a poster from the trash (in another room though).

My sim says something is in the way so they can't use the toilet. Luckily they were going to work and could go potty there. But home again, and the bladder fills, problem remains! This apartment and decoration is fully Maxis design. So the fault is not in how I built it or decorated.

I've played this game lots before but I just reinstalled it (new computer) and this is my first household.

Message 1 of 12 (818 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: In pre-decorated apartment can't use toilet

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for trying to help. It's working now and I don't know what did it. Restarting the game several times, traveling to another lot, playing another household? Don't know. The loo is in reach for my sim.

View in thread

Message 11 of 12 (828 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Kanelbullet Which apartment is that ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 12 (806 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

In the artist neighbourhood, number 930.  (called "Mediaateljéerna 930" in my language)

Message 3 of 12 (771 Views)

★★★★★ Guide
@Kanelbullet : What do the apartment's borders on the map screen look like?
Message 4 of 12 (761 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Is there a way to make a screencap there?

Message 5 of 12 (751 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

@Kanelbullet: Press the Print Screen key, open a paint program, paste it, and save it.

I personally use Greenshot (a screenshot program) for those kind of pics, myself.

Message 6 of 12 (738 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, I know how to do screen caps but I think it hasn't worked when playing and it's like in menues and such, I think the city map is a menue like that, maybe not. I could try.

I think actually it hasn't worked in TS4 at all when thinking about it, I think only the camera works and it won't let me do screen caps? But I'll try. New year, new computer.

Message 7 of 12 (726 Views)

Hero
@Kanelbullet Think what StarryMight was getting at is if you have this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-CL-Outlines-change-after-entering-build-mode-in/td... .. I have to say I actually don't see that one in my game anymore

I'm wondering if your issue is related to this one: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-A-Routing-Fails-on-Agave-Abode/td-p/8008615/

I tested on a new save now and it was all good but maybe it only comes after a while like for the other lots.

Can you try moving stuff around a bit ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 12 (715 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

It let me do a screen cap :o  Is this the wonders of my new computer?

Message 9 of 12 (676 Views)

Hero
@Kanelbullet Most probably not

Would you be willing to share your save with me ?

If so, please zip your saves folder and upload it somewhere like dropbox,, googledrive or OneDrive and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 12 (670 Views)