In Sims 4 my sim was in a fire, now burnt and dirty.

by MaeveRhea

Original Post

Accepted Solution

In Sims 4 my sim was in a fire, now burnt and dirty.

★★★★★ Novice

The fires started after I installed the Laundry Stuff Pack.  THe fire was put out with only the dryer damaged but both the sim and the butler are burnt beyond recognition and nothing seems to reset them, clean them or get them back to normal.  Do I have to delete them?

Message 1 of 12 (21,121 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: In Sims 4 my sim was in a fire, now burnt and dirty.

Champion

@MaeveRhea, yes, @RavenLure is right in that the cause of the fire was the dryers lint tray being dirty. Just like in real life, your dryer will catch on fire if you don't clean it out! Shocked 
I try to avoid playing with laundry in the game, but in one of my houses I did have the washer and dryer and did a bunch of upgrades on them, and I"m pretty sure one of the upgrades is that you never have to clean the lint tray again!  So you might try that. Wink

Also, @MaeveRhea and @RavenLure , breaker box? Wondering There are no electrical breakers in the game.  Do you mean the fire sprinkler panel? (Called the Fire Prevention System Utility Panel).  It does look somewhat like a breaker box. 

07-03-20_12-42-29 AM.png

But if this isn't what you are both referring to , please tell me ! Large smile

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 12 (20,978 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@MaeveRhea 

Simply take a shower. Or change clothes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 12 (21,083 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Five showers and two changes in CAS did not work.  I exited, reverted to a previous save, then deleted the washer and dryer (btw - had the breaker switch right next to the dryer and it did nothing) after I deleted the washer and dryer, there were no more firtes.  Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Message 3 of 12 (21,030 Views)

★★★ Guide

Did you have the smoke detector along with the breaker switch? You need both to work I believe and you also need to make sure you clean the lint tray from the dryer or it will catch fire. I the breaker and the alarm can be anywhere.

Message 4 of 12 (21,004 Views)

Champion

@MaeveRhea, yes, @RavenLure is right in that the cause of the fire was the dryers lint tray being dirty. Just like in real life, your dryer will catch on fire if you don't clean it out! Shocked 
I try to avoid playing with laundry in the game, but in one of my houses I did have the washer and dryer and did a bunch of upgrades on them, and I"m pretty sure one of the upgrades is that you never have to clean the lint tray again!  So you might try that. Wink

Also, @MaeveRhea and @RavenLure , breaker box? Wondering There are no electrical breakers in the game.  Do you mean the fire sprinkler panel? (Called the Fire Prevention System Utility Panel).  It does look somewhat like a breaker box. 

07-03-20_12-42-29 AM.png

But if this isn't what you are both referring to , please tell me ! Large smile

Message 5 of 12 (20,979 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

yes, put the smoke detector right next to the fire alarm - I thought it was a breaker switch, silly me - and since the butler does the laundry, he never clicked on the dryer to change the lint filter so .... ah well, now I know.

Message 6 of 12 (20,947 Views)

★★★ Guide
@PugLove888 yes that is what I was referring too,. I just used the same term as not to cause too much confusion lol
Message 7 of 12 (20,926 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@MaeveRhea Just thought I would mention another two possibilities that have done wonders for me when I had a stubborn 'reset' issue, for future reference (in addition to @PugLove888's excellent solution, which obviously worked) ...

• Reset the Sim
  • Exit to the world view then re-enter the lot to see if the Sim reset.
  • Exit to the main menu then re-enter the lot to see if the Sim reset.
  • Exit the game then re-enter the lot to see if the Sim reset.
  • Recover to a previous game save before the issue recurred, which it sounds like is what you did?
SheriGR   I don’t work for EA.

CCP Champion Banner - Blue.png
Me Too – if you also have this problem | XP – for helpful comments
Message 8 of 12 (20,912 Views)

Champion

@MaeveRhea, I can see now why you thought it was a breaker box!  I'm sure that is the look they were going for, even if it's function is different!  It is just at first I thought that I had missed something that might have came in the patch earlier this month or else that was new to the game with the Eco LIfestyle EP! Raised eyebrow But when I looked in the game I didn't find a breaker box so I was a bit confused! Embarrassed
@RavenLure, that is understandable! 

@MaeveRhea, yes, I can see how a non-controllable Sim doing your laundry might not think to check the lint trap! Disappointed  If you ever play with roommates that aren't controllable with a washer and dryer, keep this in mind as well!    

Message 9 of 12 (20,875 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@MaeveRheaWhen I installed Seasons pack, my sims were caught in a fire very often, especially from the fire place. My sims were burnt but any shower didn't work for cleaning out. I simply saved my game, then re opened the game, then my sims were all clean with no reason..? That was weird. :D

Message 10 of 12 (20,843 Views)