In Game Vehicles Replaceable?

by LexLennon

Original Post

In Game Vehicles Replaceable?

★★★★ Apprentice

I was wondering if anyone knows how to access the in game car(s) library or whatever? If so, can we replace the in game cars with better ones? I know that there must be OME sort of way as Arnie was able to use the in game cars in his world mod. I'd personally like to see the main sims world w/ better cars, trucks, vans, ambulances, police, and taxis; like ones from SG5150 or Breezy Motors.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

Message 1 of 7 (441 Views)

Re: In Game Vehicles Replaceable?

Champion (Retired)

@LexLennon 

The cars you see are scaled up toy cars. You can do this yourself using [ and ]. Notice this is for US keyboard it will be other keys in other keyboard layouts.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (412 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

@jpkarlsen 

I know that these are just scaled up cars. I do not want to do that. I want to replace the in game cars driving on the streets. I replaced the trolly using a mod, but I'm trying to figure out how to put better cars on the road now.

Message 3 of 7 (378 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LexLennon 

You can try looking for a mod that allow you to do that as you did with the trolley. Personally I wouldn't bother as it is rare that I even notice them coming by and you can't interact with them in any way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 7 (357 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I have looked for mods and because I did not find any I posted here for help. I don't care about "interaction"; I want my worlds to look better.

Message 5 of 7 (344 Views)

★★★ Guide

You can download other simmers save files to change up the lots and add new families to your world (even one that made an entire Harry Potter world) and there is a mod that adds an open world map called Brookheights. I have not seen any about changing the look of cars but that doesn't mean they didn't exist before and have since expired with updates. My suggestion would be to look into other Simmers save files to add more variety to your game. Simlicy, Lilsimsie, Plumbella (base game friendly), and Jenba-Sims are popular saves.

Message 6 of 7 (335 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@LexLennon 

You may have better luck asking on a site dedicated to Mods such as ModtheSims or one of the countless other sites dedicated to this.

Message 7 of 7 (316 Views)