Imprisoned Sims Won't Die

by axxmae

Original Post

Imprisoned Sims Won't Die

★★ Novice

Hey, guys!

So I got a new desktop and since then I've not been able to trap and kill sims as my heart desires. I mean, the trapping part goes fine, but the killing part not so much. I've uninstalled both the Sims and Origin and when the problem started I didn't have any mods. It appears that they just don't get hungry. Any ideas on what's going on here?

Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 8 (4,537 Views)

Re: Imprisoned Sims Won't Die

[ Edited ]
Hero

@axxmae Is it just one Sim you have issues with ? Is the Sim a former NPC or did you create him yourself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (4,481 Views)

★★ Novice

It's all Sims that I've trapped. I didn't create them, so they're NPC. I've just never had this problem before. I was under the impression that eventually, any sim (unless they had that weirdo trait) would die.

Message 3 of 8 (4,463 Views)

Hero
@axxmae Could you test if you can kill them by other means ? If you have seasons, overheating/freezing are the fastest ones.

There's several traits that can cause issues, most common atm is former suspects from GTW.

If you are not opposed to mods you can try the Show/Search Sim Info Mod over at modthesims. That can tell you if the Sims are immortal or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (4,442 Views)

★★ Novice

I killed one by fire and another by drowning. I actually downloaded that mod to see if they had hidden traits. Only one of them did. The problem seems to be that their hunger need decays but only to a certain point before refilling, even though there is no food in the enclosure.

Message 5 of 8 (4,430 Views)

Hero
@axxmae You're not playing them at the time of trying to kill them, right ? Do they die if you add them to your households ?

It's possible that can't kill unplayed Sims that way.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (4,393 Views)

★★ Novice

Correct, not playing them at the time. I can try adding them to my household. I was doing a sort of mini challenge with my friend to see how many sims we could kill, so I felt like that would be cheating. But for the sake of figuring out if they can die I will have to just see. It would be sad if we can't kill sims that way though. 

Message 7 of 8 (4,367 Views)

Hero
@axxmae Pretty sure you can't kill NPCs that way.

GOing to move this to GD for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (4,341 Views)