Re: If I put my sims 4 save data on a usb stick how do I get it back on another

by sonicfan117

Original Post

If I put my sims 4 save data on a usb stick how do I get it back on another PC?

★★★ Novice

So I was going to backup my sims 4 save on a usb stick by copying and pasting it to my usb so how do I get my save back when I transfer it to a new PC? Do I overwrite a folder within the ea folder or something like that? 

Message 1 of 7 (1,032 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sonicfan117 

You copy the Saves Folder to the same location. If there are saves there you want to preserve make sure they do not have the same names.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 2 of 7 (1,007 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm not sure I follow mind if a have a bit more details?

Message 3 of 7 (973 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sonicfan117 

Sure insert the USB stick you saved the Saves folder to. Open the Sims 4 folder. Drag the Saves folder to it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 4 of 7 (963 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

So essentially overwrite the existing save folder in the sims 4 folder right?

Message 5 of 7 (957 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@sonicfan117 

Actually it merges the two folders.

Message 6 of 7 (895 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Oh yeah? Interesting so here's something interesting so you aren't gonna believe this but it seems that my sims 4 folder actually updated with my current save and everything from my last PC I don't even recall syncing it to OneDrive in anyway either I'm lucky or it knows me well 🤣 although I'm thinking I must have at some point oh and thanks for the help. I appreciate it 😁

Message 7 of 7 (865 Views)